AMU Entrance Test is conducted by Aligarh Muslim University to offer admission to the candidates seeking a graduate or postgraduate course. The admission of the candidates is based on the AMU Entrance Test results and the mark scored by the candidate must be above the cut-off marks decided by the AMU.
The entrance test is conducted on a paper and pen basis and includes a multitude of subjects depending on the course you are pursuing. The final admission of the candidates is done basis on the ranks taken by the candidate and the availability of seats. This article contains all the details that you need to know for taking AMU Entrance Test like Eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam date, result, etc.
AMU 2024 Important Dates
|1.||Online Application Forms start date:||May|
|2.||Last date online application form submit:||June|
|3.||Submit to application form last date via speed post:||June|
|4.||Admit Card Available:||June|
|6.||Declaration date of Result||June|
|7.||The counseling date start from||July|
AMU B.Tech 2024 Exam Date
|Application Form Last date to submit||March|
|Admit card Date Release||April|
|AMU B.Tech 2024 Exam Date||April|
|Release of Answer key||May|
|Result Date Announced||June|
For Other Courses
|Courses||The deadline date for Apply||Dates (Tentative)|
|BA (Hons.)||2nd week of March||1st week of April|
|MBA/MBA (IB)/PG||3rd week of March||4th week of May|
|M.sc (biotechnology)||March||4th Week of May|
|B.Ed||3rd week of March||Last week of May|
|BA (Hons.) Foreign language||3rd week of March||April|
|SSSC & Diploma in Eng.||March||April|
|Diploma courses through CET||March||April|
|MA (Mass Communication)||3rd week of March||June|
Courses Offered in Aligarh Muslim University
Aligarh Muslim University is an esteemed university established 146 years ago by Sir Syed Ahmad Khan. It is a recognized university affiliated with UGC, NAAC, and AIU to provide courses for Postgraduate courses, graduation, and Doctoral Courses. Aligarh Muslim University maintains and runs 7 colleges and offers 300 courses that include vocational, technical, and interdisciplinary subjects.
The following are some of the famous courses offered by Aligarh Muslim University-
- B.A. L.L.B
List Of AMU Entrance Exams 2024
The following are the list of entrance examination for different courses-
AMU Entrance Exam Application Form date & form fill
Registration is mandatory for each candidate to participate in the AMU Entrance Test. AMUET is conducted by the Amu controller and organizes the entrance examination each year. The last date of application filling for the AMU Entrance Test is in August. It is advised to check the eligibility criteria of the course you are aiming to pursue. To register for the AMU Entrance application form, follow these steps-
- For participating in the AMU Entrance exam, the candidate must register themselves online using the official AMU’s website.
- After getting yourself registered, you have to fill your form with your contact details, academic, and other details asked.
- The candidate must scan the necessary documents and upload them. You can find the documents required for the entrance in the document required section.
- When the above steps are completed, you need to pay for the entrance test. The examination fee is different for different courses. You can find the AMU Fee structure in the AMU Entrance Fee section.
AMU Entrance Test Document Required
- Latest Scanned photo passport size
- 10 and 12 certificates scanned
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- Aadhaar card number and a scanned copy
AMU Fee Structure
AMU offers a multitude of courses to choose from and different courses have different fee structures. You should note that a late fee of Rs.200/- will be added in case of late fee submission. Here are some of the entrance exam fee structures offered by AMU-
|Courses||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|B.Com, B.Sc, BA (HONS.)||Rs.400|
|B.Tech/ BA LLB and MBA/MBA (IB)||Rs.650|
AMU Entrance Syllabus
AMU Entrance Test B.A. L.L.B Syllabus
- General English
- Current affairs/general knowledge
- Reasoning and aptitude
AMU Entrance Test B.A.(Hons) Syllabus
- English language+
- General awareness and current affairs+
- Reasoning and intelligence+
- Indo-Islamic, culture theology, Aligarh movement
AMU Entrance Test B.Com(Hons) Syllabus
- Business studies
- Elementary mathematics and statistics
- Reasoning and numerical ability
- General awareness
AMU Entrance Test B.Sc.(Hons) Syllabus
- Home science
AMU Entrance Test L.L.M Syllabus
- Constitutional law
- Commercial law
- Family law
- Labour law
- Criminal law
- International law
AMU Distance Learning Mode
Aligarh Muslim University also offers distance learning option for a candidate who wants to educate themselves without the need to visit campus regularly. This education model helps the jobbers, housewives, and people who cannot afford a regular education as the course fee is relatively very low. You can visit the official website of AMU Distance Learning to find more details about AMU Distance learning mode.
AMU Entrance Test Cut-off Marks
A minimum cut-off mark is necessary for the candidate to get into the AMU for his/her desired course. The cut-off mark is decided by the AMU Controller of the examination and is different for different courses.
Counseling is organized by AMU to invite candidates who have scored minimum cut-off marks in the entrance test. This is an offline meetup where you have to visit to block your seat for the course that you want to choose. At the venue, you have to present all the documents that are necessary for admission. After blocking the seat, you will be allotted a time frame to submit your fee which will confirm your seat.
Document required at counseling
The following are the document that you have to carry when visiting the counseling session-
- Class 10 /high school or its equivalent examination certificate
- Class 12 marks sheet/ grade sheet or equivalent qualifying
- 10 recent color photographs
- Migration/ transfer/ character certificate from the last attended institution
- SC/ST/OBC Category certificates (if any)
- Four self-addressed envelopes with postage stamps of Rs. 22 each
- Two oath commissioner’s affidavit on plain paper – one on candidate’s behalf and other on behalf of candidate’s parents/guardian (regarding not-indulgence in ragging)
- Admission fee payment at the cash counter of the admission venue either in cash or through bank demand draft (DD) from a nationalized bank.
Note-DD should be made in favor of the finance officer, AMU, Aligarh payable at Aligarh