AP DSC stands for the Andhra Pradesh District Selection Committee. This exam is mainly conducted for the recruitment of teachers at different levels. This exam is one of the most prolific exams conducted in this state, and the most important thing is that it is a government-funded examination. This article will discuss the AP DSC examination in full depth, from the important dates to the exam strategy in detail.
Important Dates to Remember
In this section of the article, we will talk about the important dates to remember for candidates interested in taking the AP DSC examination.
|Submission of the online application form starts||April|
|Submission of the online application form ends||May|
What is AP DSC?
AP TRT (Teacher Recruitment Test)/AP DSC (District Selection Committee), and AP TET cum TRT (Teacher Eligibility Test cum Teacher Recruitment Test) 2024 will be announced by the Andhra Pradesh Government in February. As the Education Minister of Andhra Pradesh clarified the recruitment exam, candidates eagerly waiting for the notification of AP DSC/ AP TET can now breathe a sigh of relief. It is estimated that 12,000 – 15,000 teaching positions are vacant in Andhra Pradesh.
This was the previous DSC for the Asia-Pacific region. For candidates who had cleared AP TET, the recruitment announcement has been eagerly anticipated. Next week, the AP TRT will be offered in a computerized format for the second time. Here you can find all the relevant details regarding the AP TRT/ AP DSC and the AP TET cum TRT 2024.
Andhra Pradesh Teacher Recruitment Test or Andhra Pradesh DSC is a teacher recruitment test conducted by the state government in government schools throughout the state. Secondary Grade Teacher (SGT) posts, School Assistant (SA) posts, Post Graduate Teachers (PGT) posts, Language Pandits posts, and Physical Education Trainers (PET) positions are offered. On the other hand, the recruitment of teachers for AP Model Schools is also the responsibility of the DSC.
There is a new addition to AP TET and TRT, recently released by NCTE. The notification included a statement that B.Ed. Graduates can apply for Secondary Grade Teacher (SGT) positions in government schools throughout the state. The state government must rewrite its eligibility rules to make SGT graduates more eligible. The state government has decided to include TET in TRT rather than conduct it again. TRT will receive 80% of the weightage, while TET will have only 20% of the weightage.
Please follow the steps outlined below to fill out the online application form for AP TRT and AP TET cum TRT 2024.
- Visit the Council for Secondary Education (CSE), Andhra Pradesh, for information about AP TRT and AP TET cum TRT or AP DSC.
- You will be redirected to the official exam page after clicking on the AP TRT link.
- Using a credit card, debit card, or online bank account, you should pay the TRT and TET 2024 application fees.
- A Journal Number or Transaction ID will be assigned to you after the fee is paid.
- Once you have clicked the link, enter the Journal Number or Transaction ID in the online application form.
- We will activate the online application form.
- Please enter the admission number of the AP TET.
- Upon submitting your application, your personal information will be automatically pre-filled.
- Please enter all mandatory details
- You must upload a photograph and a signature
- Complete the Application Form and submit it
- It is essential to print out an application form once it has been completed.
How to delete the application form?
By following the steps below, candidates who wish to delete the AP DSC Application Form 2024 and instead submit a fresh application without any errors can achieve what they are trying to accomplish:
- The official website for the exam can be found here.
- Upon clicking – Click Here for Recruitment of Teachers (DSC-2024), you will see an option.
- In the Important Links section to the right, you can choose to delete your submitted applications. Please click on that.
- By selecting the Management option, fill out details such as the Reference or Candidate ID, the Aadhaar number, the Journal number and the DOB, and click on “Get Details”.
- When the details are fetched, you will see ‘Get OTP’ as an option. Click this to have the registered phone number receive a unique OTP.
- The OTP must be entered as it was received and clicked on Delete Application.
- If you delete the application, you can submit a new application.
This is a one-time use option, so it is imperative to note that.
Pattern of Examination
To get a clearer picture of the exam pattern, candidates will have to wait until the official announcement is released. There has been some progress in the AP government’s AP TRT and AP TET cum TRT 2024 structures. Check out the details below –
- Applicants for the SGT positions will be required to pass both the TET and TRT. The TET will be 100 marks and include categories such as Science, Social Studies, Mathematics, Language 1, 2 and Child Psychology.
- A written test for 70 marks will be administered to candidates in the Music Teacher position, and a 30-mark test will be administered in the Music Teacher post.
- There will also be an English screening test conducted for TGTs and PGTs. For the next exam level, candidates in the general category must score 60% on the English screening test. 50% of applicants must be in reserved categories.
- Physical examinations consist of a written test with 50 marks, a physical examination with 30 marks, and a written test with 20% points.
- A 100-point test will be administered for PGTs, Drawing, Arts, Crafts Teachers, and Principals.
Process of Selection
Candidates eligible for various posts will be listed on the merit list generated by CSE AP. AP TRT merit lists will be prepared based on the AP TRT and the TET cumulative TRT scores. In addition to those who cleared the cut-off, the merit list will include those who cleared the score requirement. Candidates will be selected for teaching positions according to the order of merit in the merit list. The candidate selected for the interview will have to give a presentation or teach a topic prescribed by District Selection Committee (DSC).
After completing the above process, CSE AP will release the list of candidates selected for the position. From the District Selection Committee, these candidates will receive an appointment letter. Individual communication will be given to the selected candidates regarding their joining date.
Exam admits cards for AP TRT and AP TET for the 2024-25 academic year will be available in March 2024. CSE AP applicants will have to download the admit card through the official website. The admit card can be accessed via the Application ID, the Date of Birth / Mobile Number, and the Date of Birth / Aadhaar Number. The admit cards for AP TET and AP TRT cum TRT will contain information about the exam session, the venue, instructions, and the exam time. Hall tickets include instructions. Candidates must carefully read them.