AP PGLCET stands for the Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Common Law Entrance Test which is organized for taking admission into the LLM Course. It is a state-level entrance examination conducted by the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). For getting admission into any law college in the state of Andhra Pradesh, the candidates must score good marks as per the college requirements. In this article, we will discuss AP PGLCET Admission 2024, Application Form, Eligibility, Examination Pattern, Syllabus, etc.
AP PGLCET Important Dates 2024
|Availability of AP PGLCET online applications||May 2024|
|Last date of application without late fee||Jun 2024|
|Last date of application with late fee INR 500||Jun 2024|
|Application correction window||Jun 2024 to Jul 2024|
|Second chance of application submission with late fee INR 1000||Jun 2024|
|Third chance of application submission with late fee INR 2000||Jul 2024|
|Availability of AP PGLCET hall tickets||Jul 2024|
|AP PGLCET exam date||Jul 2024|
|Preliminary answer key||July-August 2024|
|Objections against answer key||July-August 2024|
|Declaration of result||July-August 2024|
AP PGLCET Eligibility
The following are the eligibility criteria for the AP PGLCET entrance examination–
- The candidate applying must be a citizen of India with the domicile of Andhra Pradesh or Telangana
- The candidate must have passed LLB degree from a recognized university with at least 50% marks (45% if the candidate belongs to SC/ST category)
AP PGLCET Application Form 2024
The following are the step-by-step instructions on how to apply for the AP PGLCET–
- Visit the official website of the AP PGLCET and click on the registration button
- Now, after clicking on the registration button, you’re required to get yourself registered using your email Id and password
- After registration is complete, login to your account using your login credentials
- After logging in, fill out the application form with details like name, address, educational qualification, etc.
- Now, upload the documents mentioned below and click on the pay button
- You can pay for the application form using your credit/debit card, Net banking, etc., and make sure to take a printout of the application form and payment receipt
Documents Required for AP PGLCET
The following are the documents required for the AP PGLCET application form–
- Class 10th and 12th passing certificate/marksheet
- Scanned Photograph
- Scanned Signature and Left-hand thumb impression
- Scanned graduation marksheet/passing degree
- Caste certificate (if any)
AP PGLCET Application Fee
The following are the application fee for the AP PGLCET application form–
|Category||Application Fee (in INR)|
AP PGLCET Examination Pattern
The following are the examination pattern for the AP PGLCET–
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions|
|Part -B||Public International Law||16|
|Crimes and Torts||16|
|IPR & Other Laws||16|
|Total No. of Questions||120|
AP PGLCET Syllabus
The following are the syllabus for the AP PGLCET entrance examination–
- Schools of Jurisprudence – Sources of Law, Custom Precedent and Legislation, Rights and duties – Ownership and Possession, Persons, Obligation, Property, Liability, Legal Sanctions
- Nature of the constitution: Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy, Executive Judiciary and Legislature, Center-State Relations, Emergency provisions, Amendments to the constitution.
Public International Law
- International Law and Municipal Law, Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea and outer space, Nationality and Statelessness, Extradition, Asylum, State Jurisdiction, United Nations.
- General Principles of Contract (Sections. 1-75, Indian Contract Act-1872)
- Trade Union Act 1926. Industrial Disputes Act 1947.
Crimes and Torts
- Indian Penal Code -General Principles & General Exceptions.
- TORTS: General principles of Tort, Defences, Joint liability, State liability for torts; Consumer Protection Act, 1986
IPR & Other Laws
- Copy right Act, 1d957; Patents Act, 1970; Environmental Protection Act, 1986; Human Rights, The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993, Salient features of Information Technology Act, 2000 and Right to Information Act 2005.
AP PGLCET Admit Card 2024
The admit card for the AP PGLCET can be downloaded from the official website of the AP PGLCET. You’ll have to carry the admit card for the AP PGLCET to the examination hall, if you fail to show your admit card then your examination will be canceled. The examination authority has not yet released the admit card for the AP PGLCET, we will update the admit card as soon as it has been updated.
AP PGLCET Result 2024
The examination authority has not yet released the result for the AP PGLCET, we will update the result as soon as it has been updated.
AP PGLCET Counselling 2024
Counseling is an event where all the colleges that accept AP PGLCET scores will organize a counseling session to accept the candidates for admission. In this event, the candidates will have to visit the venue and submit the documents mentioned below to block the seat for admission.
Documents Required for AP PGLCET counseling
The following are the documents required for AP PGLCET counseling–
- APPGLCET 2024 Rank Card
- APPGLCET 2024 Hall Ticket
- AP PGLCET 2024 Application Form
- SSC/Intermediate/Equivalent marksheet
- Qualifying Examination mark sheet
- Provisional/Degree Certificate
- Study/Residence Certificate for proving the previous 7 years’ study as a local Andhra Pradesh Certificate or Non-Local Certificate
- SC/ST/Caste certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Income Certificate or Ration Card
- Sports/PH/NCC/CAP Certificates (if any)