Banaras Hindu University provides a B.Ed course for students who want to choose teaching as their career. It is a state-level exam organized each year for aspirants seeking admission in B.Ed colleges. To get admission into the B.Ed colleges associated with the BHU, the candidates must pass an entrance test. In this article, we will discuss BHU B.Ed entrance exam details like Application Form, Exam Date, Syllabus, Eligibility, Pattern, etc.
BHU B.Ed Important Dates
|Application Form submission date start||February|
|Last Date to submit the application form||March|
|Admit Card Released date||May|
|BHU B.Ed 2024 Exam Date||May|
|For PET Exam Date||May|
|For UET Exam Date||May|
|Result Date Declaration||May|
BHU B.Ed 2024 Application Form
The application process for BHU B.Ed starts in October each year and candidates who are graduated with a bachelor’s degree can apply for this course. You can follow these steps to fill the application form online-
- Visit the official website of BHU B.Ed and click on the apply button.
- The application form will be opened, fill the form with accurate information and click on the Next button
- After that, you have to upload the digital photograph, signature, and other documents
- Now Click on the submit button, a new screen with all the information filled will appear, review the application and check for all the details again
- Now pay the fee online using Net banking, credit card, or debit card
- Your application is filled, take a print out of the application and payment receipt for future use
Documents required for BHU B.Ed 2024 Application Form
The following are the documents that are necessary for filling the BHU B.Ed application form-
- Latest Scanned photo passport size
- 10 and 12 certificates scanned
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- Aadhaar card number and a scanned copy
BHU B.Ed Application Fee
The application fee depends on the criteria that the candidate belongs to. The following are the fee that is associated with the respective categories-
|Category||Application Fee (INR)|
BHU B.Ed Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the BHU B.Ed entrance exam 2024 are as follows-
- The candidate must have completed the class XII/Intermediate/Senior Secondary School Exam from a recognized Board or institution.
- Candidates must have aggregated 45% in their Undergrad Degree from a recognized University.
- For candidates who has a graduation degree in Technology or Engineering with 55% marks in Mathematics, Science, and in other subjects can apply for the test
BHU B.Ed Examination Pattern
The following are the examination pattern that you have to follow-
|S.No.||Group||Subjects||No. Of MCQ’s|
|1.||Languages||Hindi, English, Sanskrit||70|
|2.||Mathematics||Statistics and Mathematics||70|
|3.||Science||Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics and Home Science||70|
|4.||Humanities and Social Science||Political Science, History, Geography, Economics, Commerce and Home Science||70|
Syllabus for BHU B.Ed
Language( Hindi/ English/ Sanskrit)
- Simple and Compound Sentences
- Verb Structures
- Change of Voice and Narration
- Transformation of Sentences
- Prefixes and Suffixes
- Type of Clauses
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Reading Comprehension
- Statistics and Mathematics
- Home Science
Humanities and Social Science
- Political Science
- Home Science
Exam Centres for BHU Entrance Exam
BHU B.Ed Reservation Policy
The following are the list of reservation policy depending on the category in Banarasi Hindu University-
BHU B.Ed Result
The Exam result will be released within a month or two after the examination is conducted. Along with the result, a cut-off will also be released which is the minimum marks required for the candidates to pass the examination for admission.
BHU B.Ed Admit Card
Admit card for Banarasi Hindu University B.Ed 2024 admit card is released once the exam date is closing usually, 2-3 weeks before the examination. You can download the admit card from the official website. It is important for the candidates participating in the BHU B.Ed to follow the guidelines mentioned on the Admit card.
BHU B.Ed cut-off
The cut-off mark is the minimum marks required for the candidates to pass the exam. The cut-off marks vary year to year and depend on multiple factors like the number of students participating, the toughness of the exam, and much more.
Banaras Hindu University B.Ed Counselling
Counselling is a process where the candidates who have passed the Entrance test finalizes their seats and the admission to the B.Ed course is confirmed. In this event, you have to visit the venue on the notified date with the necessary documents and confirm your seat by paying the fee for the B.Ed course. You have to select the college that you want to choose as well.
Documents Required for Counselling
The following are the document that you have to carry when visiting the counselling session-
- Class 10 /high school or its equivalent examination certificate
- Class 12 marks sheet/ grade sheet or equivalent qualifying
- 10 recent color photographs
- Migration/ transfer/ character certificate from the last attended institution
- SC/ST/OBC Category certificates (if any)
- Admission fee payment at the cash counter of the admission venue either in cash or through bank demand draft (DD) from a nationalized bank.