The application form for CLAT has been released by the examination authorities, find the examinaiton dates, application form release date, last date to apply, etc. below.
The CLAT 2023 Consortium has begun the process of changing exam centres for CLAT 2023. By July 4, candidates can make modifications to their CLAT 2023 exam city preferences, as well as other details, if necessary. The consortium has also raised the number of CLAT centres for 2023. The exam will now take place in 84 cities around India.
The CLAT 2023 exam will be held in offline mode in July from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. as a pen-and-paper based test. The CLAT Consortium is anticipated to release the CLAT admit card in 2023 soon. By entering into their registered accounts, candidates can download the CLAT 2023 admission card.
Meanwhile, the CLAT 2023 seat matrix at NLSIU Bangalore has been updated. While the total seat intake remains the same (120 BA LLB seats and 50 LLM seats), NLSIU will now reserve 25% of the seats horizontally for ‘Karnataka Students.’
The deadline to register for CLAT 2023 is in June. In addition, the deadline for paying the CLAT application fee is June. Exam dates for CLAT in 2023 can be found here.
What is CLAT?
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a nationwide entrance exam used to admit students to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programmes at 22 NLUs and other private schools and universities that accept CLAT scores. CLAT-PG results are also used for recruitment by some public organisations, such as ONGC and BHEL. Every year, about 50,000 people take the CLAT exam. In 2020, 53,226 people applied for the CLAT UG test, while 6,217 people applied for the CLAT PG exam.
The CLAT question paper for UG courses consists of 150 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) based on understanding from five subjects: English Language, Current Affairs, General Knowledge, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Techniques. The CLAT PG question paper, on the other hand, will include objective questions from a variety of law areas, including constitutional law, jurisprudence, administrative law, criminal law, company law, and contract law.
CLAT 2023 Conducting Body
The CLAT exam was administered by NLUs on a rotating basis until 2018. However, starting in 2019, it will be run by a permanent body made up of universities, i.e. The NLU Consortium is a group of NLUs that work together to solve problems. The Consortium (also known as the CLAT Consortium) is headquartered at NLSIU Bangalore and consists of the following members:
• There is an Executive Committee.
• The previous year’s CLAT Convenor
• The following year’s CLAT Convenor
• Two NLU Vice-Chancellors co-opted
The Convenor of CLAT 2023 is Professor (Dr) Vijender Kumar, Vice-Chancellor of Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU Nagpur). Professor Faizan Mustafa, the Vice-Chancellor of the National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR), has been elected as the Consortium for CLAT 2023’s president.
CLAT 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||Common Law Admission Test|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Test Takers||Approx. 59,000|
|Accepting Colleges||128 colleges|
What’s New in CLAT 2023?
Take a look at some of the significant changes in the CLAT 2023 exam:
CLAT exam centres: The number of CLAT test cities has expanded from 67 to 84, according to the CLAT Consortium. The Consortium of NLUs has also begun a facility for modifying CLAT test centre selections, in order to ensure that a candidate takes the CLAT exam at a centre that is closest to his or her present location.
• CLAT LLM pattern: The Consortium of NLUs has deleted the descriptive component from the CLAT LLM exam pattern, which is a significant change. All PG applicants will now be required to complete 120 objective-type questions in two hours. The CLAT pattern for UG courses, on the other hand, has not changed.
• CLAT exam mode: While the second wave of COVID-19 is ongoing, the CLAT Consortium is expected to administer the law entrance exam online, as it did last year. The law exam, on the other hand, will be conducted in a pen-and-paper format.
Eligibility Of CLAT PG 2023
CLAT Eligibility for PG courses:
Candidates must meet the following eligibility conditions in order to take the CLAT exam for PG programme admissions:
• Candidates must hold an LLB degree from a recognised university and have a minimum aggregate of 50% if they are from the General/OBC/Specially-abled category and 45 percent if they are from the SC/ST category.
• There is no upper age limit for CLAT applicants.
CLAT PG serves as a stepping stone to Master of Laws (LLM) programmes at 19 national law schools (NLUs). Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Patiala, hosted the CLAT PG test in 2001.
Other private law colleges across the country, as well as Public Sector Undertakings, utilise the CLAT PG 2023 scores for admissions and recruitment.
Organizing Authority: Each National Law University conducts the CLAT PG Exam on a rotating basis each year. National Law University Odisha, Cuttack, is hosting the eleventh CLAT LLM 2023. (NLUO).
Admission: The Common Law Admission Test PG (CLAT PG) is a centralised test for admission to post-graduate law courses at India’s 19 national law universities.
• Exam: CLAT PG 2023 is a national level legal entrance exam held every year to screen students for up to 604 seats spread among 19 participating NLUs.
• Enrollment: Every year, about 40,000 students apply for the CLAT PG 2023 exam to gain admission to various law universities across India.
• Exam frequency: In India, the CLAT PG 2023 exam is held once a year.
• Exam type: It is a computer-based test.
• Time allotted: 2 hours (120 minutes).
• Only English is available as a medium.
Applicants can learn about the CLAT PG 2023 Highlights by looking at the table below.
|Highlights of CLAT PG 2023|
|Exam Summary of CLAT PG 2023|
|Exam Name of CLAT PG 2023||Common-Law Admission Test PG|
|Acronym of CLAT PG 2023||CLAT PG / CLAT LLM|
|Exam level of CLAT PG 2023||National|
|Conducting Authority of CLAT PG 2023||National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)|
|Exam Pattern of CLAT PG 2023||150 Objective/ Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Exam Duration of CLAT PG 2023||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Medium of CLAT PG 2023||English only|
|Marking Scheme of CLAT PG 2023||1 mark for every correct response|
0.25 marks deducted for every incorrect response
0 marks will be deducted for an unattempted question
|Courses in CLAT PG 2023||Masters of Law|
Exam Date of CLAT PG 2023
CLAT PG Exam 2023 will take place in July 2023. Before applying, aspirants are encouraged to review the CLAT PG 2023 Important Dates.
Applicants can also consult the table below to learn more about the CLAT PG 2023 Important Dates
|Application Form Released:||1st January 2023|
|Last date to submit the filled-in online application form:||31st March 2023|
|Availability of the Admit Card:||April 2023|
|Date for the Entrance Exam:||8th May 2023|
|Availability of the Answer Key:||May 2023|
|Result date declaration:||June 2023|
|Date for Merit List:||June 2023|
|Starting for the Counselling:||June 2023|
Eligibility Criteria Of CLAT PG 2023
If an applicant is discovered to be ineligible for the examination, his or her application can be cancelled at any point during the admissions process. Before filling up the application form, applicants must review the CLAT PG 2023 Eligibility Criteria.
• Requirements: Applicants must have a three-year LLB degree or a three-year integrated LLB degree from a recognised university, or an equivalent LLB degree.
• Minimum Aggregate: 55% for General, OBC, and SAP, and 50% for SC/ST.
• Age limit: For the CLAT PG 2023 exam, there is no upper age limit.
• Nationality: The applicant must be an Indian citizen, but NRI students are also eligible to apply.
Application Form of CLAT PG 2023
From January 2023 to June 2023, the conducting body, the National University of Law Odisha, Cuttack, has released the CLAT PG 2023 application form.
Applicants can register for CLAT PG 2023 by paying the registration fee of INR 4000/- for General category candidates and INR 3500/- for SC/ST/BC category candidates using credit card, debit card, or net banking.
Applicants should carefully read all of the application requirements and instructions before clicking on “Allow me to Apply Online.” The steps for filling out the CLAT PG 2023 Application Form are outlined below in detail for candidates:
Step 1: The first step is to register.
Step 2: Submitting an online application
Step 3: Scanned Image Uploading
Step 4: Payment of the Application Fee
CLAT PG 2023 registration
Candidates were first needed to register before filling out the CLAT PG 2023 application form. Candidates were required to access the CLAT PG 2023 admission portal and register by selecting the “New Registration” tab. Candidates who have previously registered are not obliged to do so again. When filling out the application form, you must provide the following information:
Candidate’s Full Name
Date of Birth
Documents Required during CLAT PG 2023 Registration
Applicants who are applying for the CLAT PG 2023 exam must provide the following documents.
• Class 10 certificate/birth certificate • Class 12 certificate (or equivalent) (For those who have appeared for this exam in 2019 or before)
• Scanned photos of a candidate’s photo and signature (photo should be 4KB to 50KB in JPG/JPEG format, and signature should be 1KB to 30KB in JPG/JPEG format, and both should be uploaded in the Application Form).
Syllabus of CLAT PG 2023
Applicants should study for the CLAT PG 2023 examination using the CLAT PG 2023 Syllabus.
Topics: The CLAT PG 2023 syllabus will include questions from the following fields of law: Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence, and other law disciplines such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, Intellectual Property Rights, and so on.
• Constitutional Law: This category comprises legislation pertaining to the nation as a whole.
• Jurisprudence entails the study of legal systems, legal reasoning, legal institutions, and their social implications.
• Other Law Subjects, such as Contract Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)- This area includes family laws, cyber law, and civil law, among others.
Admit Card Of CLAT PG 2023
The CLAT PG 2023 Admit Card is one of the most significant test documents because the candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without it. The CLAT PG 2023 admit card can be downloaded from the official website by candidates who have successfully completed the CLAT PG 2023 . The CLAT PG 2023 Admit Card will include all pertinent information, such as the candidate’s name, roll number, exam centre, and test time.
How to Download CLAT PG 2023 Admit Card?
For downloading the CLAT PG 2023 admit card, candidates must follow the instructions below.
• Go to the official CLAT PG website and log in with your credentials.
• Fill in your application number, birth date, and email address.
• Print off the admit card after downloading it.
CLAT PG 2023 Exam Pattern
The CLAT PG 2023 test consists of 150 marks worth of objective type questions. An examination’s exam pattern should be thoroughly reviewed both during preparation and prior to taking the exam. Candidates are advised to read the table below for a better understanding of the CLAT PG 2023 Exam Pattern.
|Exam Pattern of CLAT PG 2023|
|Time Duration||2 hrs|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for each correct answer, and -0.25 marks for each wrong answer.|
To know about the CLAT PG 2023 Marks Distribution, candidates can refer to the below table.
|CLAT PG 2023 Marks Distribution|
|Multiple Choice Questions||100|
|Subjective Questions (2 Essay type questions each of 25 marks, 800 words per essay)||50|
Analysis of CLAT PG 2023
Thousands of legal students apply to take this exam in order to be considered for graduate programmes at various law schools and colleges across the country. As a result, the CLAT PG exam is quite competitive. Students must study hard in order to achieve high scores and boost their chances of being accepted into the country’s top law schools and colleges. The weighting of questions and difficulty levels of the exam from the previous year are taken into account in the pre-exam analysis. As a result, students can use the CLAT PG 2023 exam analysis to gain a sense of what to expect and how to prepare for it.
Preparation Tips for CLAT PG 2023
Applicants from all around India as well as other countries will take the CLAT PG 2023 exam. Because spots in top LLM programmes are scarce, candidates for CLAT PG 2023 must display quality effort in understanding the questions and topics. You can, for example, use the following advice:
Begin with the fundamentals.
CLAT PG has descriptive questions; writing in a time limit is a difficult assignment.
Understand the CLAT PG 2023 test topics, don’t be fooled by tactics, and don’t overlook the subject’s foundation. Separate sessions with a shorter time constraint should be practised.
• Always begin your CLAT PG detailed replies by outlining the points. Each form of essay should have its own framework.
• Take as many CLAT PG 2023 sample exams as you can.
• Only use the best books for CLAT PG 2023; don’t become confused with multiple books and reference materials.
Results of CLAT PG 2023
CLAT PG 2023 Result will be available in an online format. On the basis of their performance in the entrance exam, applicants will be shortlisted for admission. After the examination, the Entrance Exam result will be published in pdf format. The Roll Number and Name of the Candidate are included in the CLAT PG 2023 Result. Candidates must get the minimum qualifying marks set by the authorities in order to pass the entrance exam. Only the candidate who passes the admission exam will be able to see his or her merit list rating. The CLAT PG 2023 merit list will be published on the official website.
The applicant must provide his or her registered email address and password. Applicants are urged to download and print their results and keep them secure until the admissions process is completed.
CLAT PG 2023 results will be announced on the CLAT PG official website.
How to download CLAT PG 2023 Results?
Students must complete the processes outlined below in order to obtain their CLAT PG 2023 result.
• Step 1: Go to the CLAT PG official website.
• Step 2: Select “CLAT PG 2023 Results” from the drop-down menu.
• Step 3: Enter your hall ticket number and any other relevant information.
• Step 4: The outcome will be shown on the screen.
• Step 5: Check your results by downloading the PDF version of the result.
Counselling of CLAT PG 2023
CLAT PG 2023 Counseling will be done in order of preference of college, category, branch, and number of seats, based on CLAT PG 2023 Score/Mark. CLAT PG 2023 Admission to PG programmes will be performed using the CLAT PG Office’s centralised online counselling. To participate in CLAT PG 2023 Counselling, the candidate must pay INR 5000 in CLAT PG 2023 Counselling fees. This price structure is based on statistics from the previous year. The applicant must lock the institute by paying the price within the specified time frame.
• Start Date: The CLAT PG 2023 counselling date has not yet been announced.
• Seat Allocation: Applicants seeking admission to the LLM programme must participate in the counselling procedure to determine their final seat allocation.
• The applicants’ choices made when filling out the exam form will not be modified.
CLAT PG 2023 cutoff for PG
The CLAT PG 2023 Cutoff will take into account the minimum marks that applicants must achieve in order to be considered for admission to National Law Universities (NLU). The cutoff will be determined by a number of factors, including:
• The exam’s level of difficulty.
• The number of applicants who show up.
• The total number of available seats.
Official Website: clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in
Contact: +91 97415 21069, 94825 67257 (Bengaluru), +91 84807 18979 (Odisha) 10:00 am to 05:00 pm on all working days.