Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) 2023 exam is a national level examination conducted for aspirants seeking admission under IIFT Delhi, Kakinada, Kolkata, and Bangalore. The IIFT exam 2023 is conducted annually by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Selected candidates can apply and get admitted to the MBA International Business (IB) programmes in IIFT. IIFT is one of the most prestigious business schools in the country. The article contains in-depth information about the eligibility criteria, important dates, application process, exam pattern, syllabus, etc., about the IIFT 2023.
Important dates to remember
The initial notifications are set to arrive from August 2023, and IIFT will release the application form subsequently in September 2023. Candidates can submit their applications by October 2023 . It is recommended to complete their application process as early as possible to avoid last-minute rushes and errors. The admit card will be released in November 2023, and the exam is to be completed by December 2023. The exam commission will conduct the announcement of results and scorecards by January 2023. The selected candidates will be called for further rounds such as Personal Interview (PI) and Group Discussion (GD).
|Release of notification of IIFT entrance exam||August 2022|
|Release of application form and the commencement of registration||September 2022|
|Last date for applying for IIFT 2023 exam||October 2022|
|Last date for requesting center change||October 2022|
|Last date for applying through GMAT scores (applicable for NRI and foreign nationals)||October 2022|
|Release of admit card||November 2022|
|IIFT 2023 Exam date||December 2022|
|Announcement of results||January 2023|
|Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI)||January/February 2023|
Eligibility criteria for IIFT 2023
The eligibility criteria for applying for IIFT exams 2023 and getting admitted to the programmes under IIFT is prescribed by IIFT and are to be fully met; otherwise, the admission may get cancelled. The eligibility criteria include:
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India to apply for the IIFT exam.
- Age Limit: There are no age limitations prescribed for applying for the IIFT 2023 exam.
- Educational Qualification: The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised institution/ university with at least 50% marks in aggregate to get admitted to the programme.
- There is a 5% relaxation in the total signatures required for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD categories.
- Candidates in their final year of graduation can also apply for the IIFT 2023 exam. Still, their admission is provisional, subject to submitting the course completion certificate before the due date.
IIFT applications can be made both offline and online. The registration is set to begin from September 2021.
How to Apply for IIFT 2023 online
- Applicants who are applying online can visit the official website of the IIFT exam.
- Candidates should register themselves using valid mobile no. and other details.
- Upon completion of registration, candidates can avail of the application form for the IIFT exam.
- Candidates have to fill in the necessary personal, communication and educational information in the required columns.
- Candidates will also have to upload scanned copies of all the required documents.
- After uploading the documents, candidates can move on to the payment process.
How to Apply for IIFT 2023 offline
- Candidates applying via offline means will have to get the IIFT 2023 Application Form from an IIFT counter or a post office.
- Applicants will have to fill the application manually with a black/blue ball pen without making any mistakes.
- Candidates should submit the application form to the official authorities by speed post to the following address:
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
B -212, Qutab Institutional Area
New Delhi – 110016
Candidates can pay the IIFT 2023 application fee via offline or online modes.
In the online mode, candidates can make the payment via net banking, debit/credit card, etc. Candidates completing the prices can use cash or demand draft. The demand draft for the IIFT 2023 application form should be done in favour of the IIFT institution.
- Candidates belonging to General/OBC categories have to pay Rs.2500/- as the application fee.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH categories are liable to pay Rs. 1000/- as the application fee.
- Foreign nationals/NRI/Children of NRI applicants are liable to pay the US $ 200 (about Rs. 14840/-).
The IIFT 2023 exam will be conducted online via a computer-based test (CBT). The question paper will be divided into four sections, namely, Quantitative ability, verbal ability and comprehension, logical reasoning, and general awareness. There will be 110 questions, and the total duration of the exam is 120 minutes. Each correct answer from the General awareness section will be rewarded with 1.5 marks and three marks for all other areas. However, there will be a negative marking of .33% for each wrong answer attempted.
|Section||No. of questions||Total Marks||Marks awarded for correct answer||Marks deducted for wrong answer|
|Verbal Ability and reading comprehension||35||105||3||1|
|Logical reasoning and data interpretation||30||90||3||1|
Syllabus for IIFT 2023
The detailed breakdown of the syllabus for IIFT 2023 exam is given below:
- English Comprehension
- Passage Comprehension
- Verbal Reasoning
- Jumbled paragraphs
- Errors in word choices
- Contextual usage
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence Correction
- General Knowledge and Awareness
- Current affairs
- Famous Personalities
- Inventions and Discoveries
- Indian and World Geography
- Democratic Policy
- Sports CE
- Awards and Honours
- Indian and World History
- Current Events
- Logical Reasoning
- Visual Reasoning
- Statements and Conclusions
- Critical Reasoning
- Assumption premise conclusion
- Distinguish and identify strong and weak arguments
- Statements and Assumptions
- Symbol based problems
- Coding and decoding
- Assertion and reasoning
- Critical reasoning
- Identifying valid inferences
- Identifying definitely true
- Identifying probably true
- Family tree problem
- Matric arrangements
- Qualitative Analysis
- Ratios and Proportion
- Profit and loss
- Number System
- Arithmetic Progression
- Geometric Progression
- Geometric mean
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Maxima and Minima
- Installment payments
- Binomial expansion
- Harmonic Mean
- Allegation and mixtures
- Number base system
- Time speed distance
- Arithmetic mean
- Permutations and Compound Interest
- Permutation and Combinations
- Set Theory
- Venn Diagram
The IIFT 2023 admit card will be released by November or December 2021 on the official website. Candidates can log on to their account using their id and password and view, download, and print the admit card. The admit card is an important document, and the candidates must bring the admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam and valid id proof. Candidates must also carry a passport size photograph along with the admit card.
Valid ID proofs include:
- Aadhar Card
- PAN card
- Driver’s license
- Voter ID
Here is a detailed set of steps to download the admit card for the IIFT 2023.
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the IIFT exam mentioned above.
- After the admit card is life and available for download (usually a few days before the exam), candidates can use their login credentials to view the admit card.
- Please print out a copy of the admit card and keep it safe for future use.
IIFT 2023 result will be published in December 2023 on their official website. Candidates can log in to their portal and check the results of the current year IIFT result. A merit list will be prepared and released on the website after a few days based on the marks scored. From this, candidates are shortlisted and called for a counselling session.
IIFT Exam Centres