Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi, also known as IIT Delhi or IIT D, is a state-level institute approved by the University Grants Commission. The institute is accredited with Grade A by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The admission to IIT D is based on the marks scored in JEE Main 2023 exam followed by JAC counselling. The candidates can apply for B.Tech/B.E courses offered in the institution. The article covers in-depth about the eligibility criteria, the important dates, the application process, etc.
|Year of establishment||2008|
|Also known as||IIIT-D, IIIT Delhi|
|Campus size||25 acre|
|Accredited by||NAAC with Grade ‘A’|
|Rankings (2020)||– Ranked 14 for Engineering by India Today – Ranked 56 for Engineering by NIRF|
|Mode of education||Full-time|
|Number of courses offered||9|
|Accepted entrance exam||– BTech (except BTech CSSS): JEE Main + JAC Counselling|
Important dates to remember
The initial notifications will be released from July 2023, and the registration portal will be live shortly after. The merit list and selection is completed on the basis of the JEE main score the candidate has scored in the same year.
|Application form release||July 2021|
|Last day for Submission||July 2021|
|Publishing of merit list||July 2021|
|Commencement of Counselling||July 2021|
Eligibility criteria for IIT D 2023
The eligibility criteria for IIT D 2023 is specifically mentioned on their official website. The criteria include:
- Candidates must successfully complete their Class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognised board.
- Candidates must score at least 80% marks in aggregate in their Class 12th examination.
- Out of the 5 subjects, selected subjects must include Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, as mandatory subjects.
- Candidates must score at least 80% marks in mathematics
- The candidate must be at least 17 years of age at the time of admission. The upper limit for age is 25 years.
- Candidates must meet all criteria mentioned in the JEE Main Eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must secure a valid JEE main score for the year 2023.
IIT D offers two streams in B.Tech; CS and ECE. Candidates must pass all core subjects and an elective in order to complete the course.
|BTech CSE – Mobile Computing – Intelligence Theory – Data Analytics – Security & Privacy – Computer Systems Architecture – Image Analysis & Machine Learning||Qualifying exam: JEE Main Eligibility: Class 12 from a recognised board with a minimum of 80% aggregate along with 80% or above aggregate score in Mathematics subject||– Winter Semester: Rs 1.25 lakh – Monsoon Semester: Rs 1.35 lakh|
|BTech ECE – Communication Systems – Signal Processing – Hardware – Internet of Things – Economics – Image Analysis & Machine Learning|
The admission to the B.Tech courses is carried out on the basis of the candidates’ score in JEE Main exam and reservation. There are 10 rounds of counselling for JEE Mains with variable cutoffs each round for shortlisting eligible candidates.
The determining exam for admission in IIT D is the JEE Main exam. JEE Main is conducted online at over 500 centres across India. The total duration of the exam is 3 hours (4 hours for the physically disabled category). Each subject will have 20 MCQ (Multiple choice questions) and 10 numerical questions, out of which 5 will be optional. Candidates are required to attend only 75 out of the 90 questions provided.
Syllabus for JEE Main 2023
The detailed breakdown of the JEE Main syllabus is as follows:
- Physics and measurement
- Rotational motion
- Work, energy and power
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Laws of motion
- Oscillations and waves
- Electronic devices
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Current electricity
- Communication systems
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic waves
- Atoms and nuclei
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Some basic concepts in chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- Purification and characterisation of organic compounds
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
- Organic compounds containing halogens
- Organic compounds containing oxygen
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Matrices and determinants
- Sets, relations and functions
- Mathematical induction
- Permutations and combinations
- Mathematical reasoning
- Limit, continuity and differentiability
- Integral calculus
- Three-dimensional geometry
- Differential equations
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Sequence and Series
- Vector algebra
- Statistics and probability
- Coordinate geometry
There are over 500 centres in total for the JEE Main examination. The exam occurs on multiple days with multiple sheets. The time slots and the centres are provided in the admit card of JEE Main prior to the exam. Some of the exam centres are listed below:
|ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR||PORT BLAIR||AN01|
|ARUNACHAL PRADESH||ITANAGAR/ NAHARLAGUN||AL01|
|DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI||DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI||DN01|
|DAMAN & DIU||DAMAN||DD01|
|HIMACHAL PRADESH||BILASPUR (HIMACHAL PRADESH)||HP01|
|JAMMU AND KASHMIR||BARAMULLA||JK01|
|JHARKHAND||BOKARO STEEL CITY||JH01|
|LEH AND LADHAK||LEH||LL01|
|TELANGANA||HYDERABAD/ SECUNDERABAD/ RANGA REDDY||TL01|
Counselling and Seat Allotment
The schedule for the counselling and admission procedures will be updated on the official website of IIIT Delhi. Candidates can visit the website and check whether they are included in the merit list. The seats are offered on the basis of the merit list and the category of the candidate. All the candidates are required to be present at the venue for the counselling. There is an exception for candidates outside Delhi. Once the initial seats are filled, the college releases the list of the vacant seats for the next rounds.