The Joint Entrance Examination is an entrance examination that is organized to provide candidates admission into engineering colleges across the country.
The counselling session is organized to facilitate the admission of the candidates into the colleges. The counselling is organized by the JoSAA which is the Joint Seat Allocation Authority that comes under the Ministry of Education.
The counselling process takes place in four stages i.e. JoSAA Counselling, CSAB Special Rounds, CSAB NEUT Counselling and CSAB Supernumerary Rounds.
In the counselling process, the candidates also have to deposit their documents along with the xerox copies to confirm their seat in the college. Also, the candidates must deposit the fee (first semester or instalment of 1st semester).
In this article, we will discuss JEE Mains Counselling: Procedure, Dates, JoSAA, etc.
Participating Institutes of JEE Main Counselling 2023
The following are the participating institutes of JEE Main Counselling-
|Institutes||Number of Institutes|
|National Institute of Technology||31|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology||25|
|Government Funded Technical Institutes||28|
JEE Main Counselling 2023 Important Dates
|Start of JEE Main counselling 2023 registration and choice filling||To be notified|
|Mock Seat Allocation-1||To be notified|
|Mock Seat Allocation-2||To be notified|
|End of JEE Main Counselling Registration and Choice Filling||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 1 seat allotment||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 2 seat allotment||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 3 seat allotment||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 4 seat allotment||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 5 seat allotment||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 6 seat allotment||To be notified|
JEE Main Counselling 2023 Procedure
The following are the step by step procedures to go through the entire JEE Mains Counselling Session-
Step-1 Register on JoSAA Counselling
You can follow these steps to register on JoSAA Counselling-
- Visit the official website of JoSAA and click on the registration button
- Now, login to the JoSAA using your Application number, password and security PIN. The login credentials will be the same as that of JEE Mains Application Form 2023
- Now, go through the instruction and click on the “I Agree” button
- After clicking on the Agree button, you’ll have to fill the form with details like name, application, etc.
- Now, select the declaration and click on submit button followed by confirming registration
Step-2 Online Choice Filling
- For selecting the choice of JoSAA colleges and courses, you’ll have to tick on all the colleges where you want to participate
- Each round of counselling will have an option to change/ edit/ delete as filled choices
- You can lock your choice before the last date of the counselling rounds and you’ll be considered for admission into those colleges that you’ve locked
Step-3 Seat Allotment
The seat allotment will be provided based on multiple factors like a choice filling, candidate’s category, All India ranking, etc. Also, the admission will be based on first come first serve based therefore, you need to grab the right opportunity for admission.
Step-4 Seat Acceptance
After seat allotment, the candidates are required to choose one of the following application statuses-
Freeze- Candidates who are satisfied with the seat allocated to them should freeze their application status and they can begin their documents verification process
Float- The candidates who are satisfied, however, want to upgrade if available in future can mark their application status as the float.
Slide- It is for the candidates who want to keep the college that was allocated to them but want to upgrade their course and should keep their application status as Slide.
Withdraw- The candidates can withdraw their application if they want to before the last date of admission
Document Required for JEE Main Counselling
The following are the documents required for JEE Mains Counselling session-
- JEE Main seat allotment letter issued by JoSAA
- Three passport size photographs (have to be the same as uploaded during registration)
- A government-issued photo identity card
- Proof of fee payment for JEE Main seat acceptance
- Date of birth proof
- JEE Main Admit Card 2023
- Class 12 Mark sheet
- JEE Main 2023 Score Car
- Category certificate (if applicable)
JoSAA Counselling Fee
The following are the counselling fee that the candidate must deposit for taking admission into the university-
JoSAA will be conducted on six different rounds and each round will have its own minimum cut-off marks. The candidates who have scored more than the cut-off marks will be eligible to take admitted into that college.
NITs is one of the best institutes in India. It is second to IITs which makes it a very prominent and attractive destination for students. Only the best of the best makes it to NIT which happens to have scored more than 95% in the JEE Mains.
No, there is no fee associated with the JoSAA.
CSAB NEUT stands for Central Seat Allocation Board North Eastern and Union Territories which is a special board to allocate admission seats to the protected states of India. Only selected candidates will be allowed to take admitted into these states.
The list of states in which CSAB NEUT can participate is as follows-
• Arunachal Pradesh
• Dadra and Nagar haveli
• Daman and Diu
• Andaman And Nicobar Islands