JEE Mains is an All India Engineering entrance examination for admission into various Undergraduate courses in India. The candidates must register for participating in the entrance examination before the last date of registration. This exam is conducted twice a year and each year the JEE Mains notification will be released for the candidates to apply for the JEE Mains examination. Also, JEE mains is the first examination and it is followed by JEE Advanced which is specifically for IITs, IISc, and other premium institutes. In this article, we will discuss JEE Main Application Form 2023: How to Apply, Documents Required, Application Fee, etc.
JEE Main Application Form 2023 Highlights
|Particulars||JEE Main 2022 Application form Details|
|JEE Main Full Form||Joint Entrance Exam Main|
|Mode of availability||Only online|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|JEE Main 2022 Official website||jeemain.nta.nic.in|
|JEE Mains 2022 Exam Date||Session 1 – April – May 2023 Session 2 – May 2023|
JEE Mains Registration Dates 2023
|Events||JEE May 2022 Dates|
|JEE 2023 registration date||April session – March 2023 May session – April 2023|
|JEE Main 2023 application form last date||April session – March 2023 May session – May 2023|
|JEE Mains 2022 exam date||April session – April 2023 May session – May 2023|
JEE Mains-Who can Apply for JEE Mains 2023?
The following are the list of criteria that the candidates must check before applying for the JEE Mains examination-
- The candidates must have passed class 12th from a recognized board in subjects like physics, chemistry, and Mathematics
- The candidates participating in the examination are also eligible for the examination
- There are no age limits for applying for JEE Mains examination
How to Apply for JEE Mains Examination 2023?
Follow these steps to apply for the JEE Mains entrance Examination-
- Visit the official website of JEE Mains-NTA and click on the apply button
- Now, click on the new registration button and read the instruction followed by clicking on the proceed button
- After clicking on the proceed button, you’ll have to fill in some details like name, address, contact details, etc.
- After entering details, you’ll have to create your own password followed by clicking on the submit button
- Now, an application number will be generated which can be used along with a password to access your account
- Use these details to login to your account and start completing your form with other details like selecting examination centers, Education qualifications, etc.
- Now, upload the documents mentioned below and click on the pay button
- After clicking on the pay button, you’ll have to pay the application fee using your credit/debit card, net banking, UPI, etc.
- After successful payment, your application fee will be submitted and you can now download the application form and payment receipt
Documents Required for JEE Mains
The following are the documents required for applying for JEE Main examination-
- The scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG format
- The scanned photograph should be between 10 kb to 200 kb
- The scanned signature should be between 4 kb to 30 kb
- Scanned copy of Category certificate between 10 kb to 300 kb (If any)
- Scanned copy of PwD certificate between 10 kb to 300 kb (If any)
JEE Mains Application Fee
The following are the Application fee for JEE Mains Examination-
For Examination Centres located in India
|Courses||JEE Main 2022 Application form fee General/OBC/EWS||JEE Main 2022 Application form fee SC/ST/PWD/Transgender|
|BE./B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning||For Boys- Rs 650 For Girls- Rs 325||For All- Rs 325|
|BE./B.Tech & BArch|
BE./B.Tech & B.Planning
BE./B.Tech, B.Arch & B.Planning
B.Arch & B.Planning
|For Boys- Rs 1300 For Girls-Rs 650||For All- Rs 650|
For Examination Centres located outside of India
|Courses||JEE Main 2022 Application form fee for General/OBC/EWS||JEE Main 2022 Application form fee SC/ST/PWD/Transgender|
|B.E./B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning||For Boys- Rs 3000 For Girls- Rs 1500||For All – Rs 1500|
|B.E./B.Tech & B.Arch|
BE./B.Tech & B.Planning
BE./B.Tech, B.Arch & B. Planning
B.Arch & B.Planning
|For Boys- Rs 6000 For Girls- Rs 3000||For All- Rs 3000|
Yes, you can apply for JEE Main examination, the NIOS is a recognized board and the students who have completed their high school are also considered high school graduates.
Yes, there are no minimum marks requirement, however, IITs and other premium institutes might consider the class 12th percentage score for admission.
Yes, the photograph without name and date will be accepted however, it has to follow the norms decided by the authority.
All the students who are appearing for the improvement in 2023 should fill the year of the first attempt and roll number as well. The year of passing as the pass percentage will be considered later for admissions.
If a transaction has failed while applying for the JEE Main examination, you can retry and pay the fee again. If you are charged twice then you can wait as the refund will be initiated for the double payment.
NTA has set up a Query Redressal System (QRS) to help students with their queries and grievances. This is 24×7 helpline and students registering their issues will be given a number to track their status.