The application form for MERI 2023 will be available soon. Marine Engineering and Research Institute (MERI) is an acronym for Marine Engineering and Research Institute. This institute, also known as the Directorate of Marine Engineering Training, was established in 1947, during the time of the country’s independence. The institute’s headquarters are in Kolkata, with a branch in Mumbai.
Applicants will be admitted to T.S. Chanakya, Navi Mumbai for a 3-year course leading to a B.Sc. (Nautical Sciences) degree, Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata for a 4-year Marine Engineering degree, and Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai for a 3-year Polyvalent B.Sc. (Maritime Sciences) degree through JEE or MERI entrance exams. Applicants will learn about MERI admission dates, application forms, eligibility requirements, and admission procedures by reading this content.
Highlights of MERI Exam 2023
|Full-Form of MERI Exam 2023||Marine Engineering and Research Institute|
|Exam Type of MERI Exam 2023||UG level|
|Exam Level of MERI Exam 2023||State|
|Courses Offered of MERI Exam 2023||Engineering|
|Conducting Body of MERI Exam 2023||Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata|
|Application Mode of MERI Exam 2023||Online|
|Exam Mode of MERI Exam 2023||Offline|
|Exam Date of MERI Exam 2023||Announced|
|Exam Duration of MERI Exam 2023||3 Hours|
|Official Website of MERI Exam 2023||http://meri.edu.in/|
|Helpline No. of MERI Exam 2023||9555369369|
|Email of MERI Exam 2023||[email protected]|
Application Fee of MERI Exam 2023
|Registration & Examination Fee Structure of MERI Exam 2023|
|The Application Fee For general & OBC category candidates||Rs. 1000 /-|
|The Application Fee For the SC/ST applicants.||Rs. 800 /-|
Important Dates of MERI Exam 2023
|Commencement of sale of application forms by IIT||Commencement of sale of application forms by IIMS & Syndicate Bank||Last date of receipt of application by IIT||Last date of receipt of application by IIMS||Counseling of the selected candidates|
|As per advertisement (Tentatively in November)||As per advertisement (Tentatively in February)||Tentatively in January||Tentatively in March||(Tentatively Last week of July/ First week of August)|
Courses offered by MERI Exam 2023
- 3-year course leading to B.Sc. (Nautical Sciences)
- 4-year Marine Engineering Degree
- 3-year Polyvalent B.Sc. (Maritime Sciences
MERI Exam 2023 Application Form
Applicants are encouraged to read the entire information pamphlet before filling out the MERI 2023 Application Form. Applicants must complete and upload the MERI 2023 application by the deadlines. The application form will be available on the above-mentioned official websites (www.imu.tn.nic.im).
Applicants can review the following information about the application form:
The MERI Entrance Exam 2023 Application form will be available on the institute’s official website.
- Candidates can apply online or offline for the MERI Entrance Exam 2023 Application Form.
- Applicants must include all required personal and qualification information.
- Attach a current photograph/signature in the format specified.
- Keep a copy of the completed application form that has been printed.
The following are the steps to apply:
- The applicant must register on the official website.
- Applicants must then download the appropriate application form.
- Applicants must next complete the form’s data.
- Applicants must also follow the instructions for uploading their papers.
- The application form must be submitted by applicants once all the above steps are completed.
Application Fee of MERI 2023 Exam
For your convenience, the following information about the application process is provided:
The following is the application fee for the MERI entrance exam:
- Applicants in the general category must pay Rs 1000/-.
- Applicants in the ST and SC categories must pay Rs 600/–.
NOTE: You can pay the fee via net banking, a debit/credit card, or a bank challan.
The following is a list of the institutes and the courses they offer:
- Marine Engineering Degree at MERI Marine Engineering & Research Institute in Kolkata (4 years)
- MERI (Marine Engineering & Research Institute in Mumbai – Polyvalent B.Sc.) is a polyvalent B.Sc. programme (Maritime Sciences) 3 years for a degree
- B.Sc. Chanakya in Navi Mumbai (Nautical Sciences) 3 years for a degree
Head Campus Details
The Indian Institute of Maritime Studies (IIMS) is a research institute in India
Navi Mumbai – 400 706
Phone No: 91 22 27706803 / 6804
Fax No: 91 22 27716805
Email: [email protected]
Eligibility Criteria of MERI 2023 Exam
For the applicant’s convenience, the following information about the eligibility conditions is provided:
The applicant who wishes to take the admission exam must have completed HSC exams from a recognised board, such as the state board.
Subject: Applicants must have taken PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) as well as English in SSC and HSC.
Minimum Marks: Applicants from the general and OBC categories must obtain a cumulative score of 60 percent or above in the HSC examination. Applicants from the ST and SC categories must have a total score of 55 percent or above in the HSC examination.
Age Requirements: The applicant (general category) must be between the ages of 30 and 35 at the time of admission.
How to Take the MERI Exam in 2023
By paying Rs.1000 (General / OBC) and Rs.800 (SC/ST) at any of the specified Syndicate Bank branches across India, you can acquire an application form as well as an information pamphlet outlining the training programme at the above three institutes, medical standards, and so on.
Branches of the Syndicate Bank:
(a) West Zone:
- Ahrnedabad (Ashram Road Branch)
- Bhilai, Bhopal
- Fort, Mumbai
- Gwalior. Indore (Main Rajwada Chowk)
- Jaipur (M.I. Raod Branch)
- Nagpur (Gandhi Bagh Main Branch)
- Pune (Laxmi Road Branch)
- Thane (Naupada Branch)
(b) North Zone:
- Amritsar Allahabad (Cantonment)
- Bargilly (Civil Lines Branch)
- Gurgaon (Csntonr)
- Main (Ammabad)
- Meerut (Main)
- New Delhi (Nehru Place Branch)
- Patiala (Main)
- Varanasi (Main).
- (c) East Zone:
Bokaro Steel City Bhubaneswar (Main)
- Kolkata (N S Road)
- Port Blair
(d) South Zone:
- Chennai (Mount Road)
- Kochi (Kochi-Kotinukulam Road Main Branch)
The application form and information brochure can also be obtained by mail from the Indian Institute of Maritime Studies, TS Chanakya campus, karave, Navi Mumbai, 400706, by sending a self-addressed envelope 11’x5″ size with a stamp worth Rs.35, along with a DD of Rs.1000 (General / OBC) and Rs.800 (SC/ST), drawn in favour of Indian Institute of Maritime Studies and payable at Mumbai.
On the IMU website, www.imu.tn.nic.in, you may obtain the MERI 2023 application form as well as the MERI 2023 information brochure. Such downloaded application forms must be accompanied with a DD for 1000/- (General / OBC Category) and 600/- (SC / ST Category) drawn in Mumbai in favour of “Indian Maritime University, Mumbai Campus.”
Exam Pattern of MERI Exam 2023
MERI does not have its own entrance exam; instead, it uses the JEE (Advanced) score to determine admission.
The JEE (Advanced) Exam Pattern is as follows:
Paper-1 (B.E. / B. Tech.) and Paper-2 (B. Arch./ B. Planning) will be offered in JEE (Main) 2023. Applicants may take either Paper-1 (B.E. / B. Tech.) or Paper-2 (B. Arch./ B. Planning) or both, depending on the course(s) to which they are applying. The table below shows the subject combinations for each paper, the kind of questions in each paper, and the examination modes offered.
|Paper||Subjects||Type Of Questions||Mode Of Exam|
|Paper 1 (B.E./B. Tech.)||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Objective type with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Pen and Paper based Exam OR Computer based Exam|
|Paper 2 (B.Arch. /B. Planning)||Mathematics – Part I, Aptitude Test – Part II, & Drawing Test–Part III||Objective type Objective type Questions to test drawing aptitude||Only Pen and Paper based Exam|
- The exam is divided into two parts, each lasting three hours.
- Papers are printed separately for English and Hindi languages, and papers will be distributed based on the language choice made at JEE registration (Advance).
- There are three main subjects in a paper: Mathematics, physics, and chemistry.
- Multiple choice, test comprehension, reasoning, and analytical portions are all included in the question.
- Negative marking is used to evaluate incorrect answers.
Syllabus of MERI Exam 2023
There are no entry exams administered by MERI. The JEE (Advanced) test results are acknowledged by this exam.
- Atomic structure and chemical bonding
- Chemical equilibrium:
- Chemical kinetics
- Gaseous and liquid states
- Nuclear chemistry
- Physical chemistry
- Solid state
- Surface chemistry
- Extractive metallurgy
- Isolation/preparation and properties of the following non-metals
- Ores and minerals
- Preparation and properties of the following compounds
- Preparation and properties of the following compounds
- Principles of qualitative analysis
- Transition elements (3d series)
- Amino acids and peptides
- Characteristic reactions of the following (including those mentioned above)
- Practical organic chemistry
- Preparation, properties and reactions of alkanes
- Preparation, properties and reactions of alkenes and alkynes
- Properties and uses of some important polymers
- Reactions of benzene
- Analytical geometry
- Differential calculus
- Integral calculus
- Electricity and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction
- Modern physics
- Thermal physics
Architecture Aptitude Test
- Architectural awareness
- Freehand drawing
- Geometrical drawing
- Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity
- Three-dimensional perception
Admit Card of MERI EXAM 2023
For the applicant’s convenience, the following information about the admission card is provided:
Applicants must first download and then print the admit card. Applicants who do not have a hall ticket will not be allowed to take the exam.
For verification, the hall ticket must be carried along with a second government ID. At the time of counselling, a copy of the admit card will be required. Only if the application was filed successfully will the admit card be made available.
Result Of MERI exam 2023
- For the applicant’s convenience, the following information about the scoring is provided:
- The applicants must first download and print the scorecard. The results will be posted on the website, and a message will be sent out as well.
- The university’s administration have yet to announce the exact date of the results. Applicants will be admitted solely on the basis of their entrance exam results and scores.
- Applicants must bring a copy of their results with them to the counselling centre.
Counseling of MERI 2023 Exam
Those applicants who have been shortlisted in the merit list will be invited to a counselling session, where they will be needed to produce appropriate documents for verification on the date and time specified by the authorities.
Document verification, choice filling, and seat assignment will all take place. Following the completion of this admission procedure, candidates will be assigned seats in various institutes.