NDA stands for National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination which is organized by the UPSC. It is the most awaited examination for candidates seeking to build their carer in defense services.
This entrance exam offers candidates admission into the military academy of the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force. Candidates who want to pursue a career in defense services can take up this exam, and become an officer in the defense forces.
In this article, we will discuss NDA 2023 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus, etc.
NDA 2023 Exam Dates
|Important Activities||For NDA I||For NDA II|
|Online application form release date||21st December 2022||17th May 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||10th January 2023||6th June 2023|
|Availability of admit card||To be announced||To be announced|
|Date of exam||16th April 2023||3rd September 2023|
|Announcement of result||To be announced||To be announced|
|Date of interview||To be announced||To be announced|
|Declaration of final result||To be announced||To be announced|
|Commencement of classes||To be announced||To be announced|
NDA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria that a candidate must follow to take part in the NDA entrance examination-
- The candidate must be an Indian Citizen
- A subject of Nepal/a subject of Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, to permanently settle here can also apply
- The candidate must be in between 16.5 years to 19.5 years of age
For Indian Air Force and Indian Navy
- The candidate is required to have cleared the 12th examination or equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognized State Education Board/ University
- The candidate who is appearing in the qualification exams can also apply
For Indian Army
- The candidate is required to have cleared the 12th examination or equivalent examination from a recognized State Education Board/ University
- The candidates who are appearing in the qualification exams can also apply
The candidate must be Physically Fit and must have a set physical standard in terms of Height, Weight, and Eyesight. The following are the physical standards that a candidate must have-
Height Weight for Army and Airforce
|Height (cms)||Weight (kgs)|
|Without shoe||16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
Height Weight for Army and Airforce
|Height (cms)||Weight (kgs)|
|Without shoe||16 years||18 years||20 years|
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6|
|Corrected with glass||6/6/|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5|
|Limits of color perception||I|
How to Apply for NDA 2023?
The following are the step by step methods for applying for NDA exams-
- Visit the official website of the UPSC examination or simply click on https://upsconline.nic.in/
- Now select the NDAI examination from the list by clicking on the Part-I registration option
- Read the agreement and click on yes
- Now a new form will appear where you have to fill in your details like name, phone number, Date of birth, education qualification, etc.
- After filling out the application form, the candidates have to pay the application fee(if any). The candidates can pay online using credit/debit cards, UPI, Net Banking, etc.
- After the payment of the application fee, the candidates will be redirected to the first page of the UPSC NDA examination.
- Now, the candidates have to choose Part-II of the examination
- Here, the candidates are required to submit a photo, signature, and a photo identity card by uploading the documents to the server and clicking next
- After the uploading of the documents is completed, the candidates are required to select the examination center from the dropdown menu.
- Now, click on the “I have declared and Read” button
- Your registration process is completed. Now, log in to the UPSC NDA examination website again and download the application fee and payment receipt for future reference.
Document Required for Applying NDA
The following are the necessary document that you must upload to the website while filling the application-
- Passport size Photograph of the candidate should be in JPG/JPEG format
- The signature of the candidate should be in JPG/JPEG format
- Left-Hand Thumb Impression of the candidate should be in JPG format
- Class 10th Certificate of the candidate should be in JPG format
- The Scanned image of Post Card size Photograph of the candidate should be in JPG format
NDA Examination Pattern
The following are the examination pattern for the NDA entrance test-
|Mathematics||01||2 hours & 30 minutes||300|
|English + General Ability Test||02||2 hours & 30 minutes||600|
Subject wise NDA 2023 Syllabus
The following are the NDA Entrance exam syllabus that is different for different courses-
- General Ability Test
- Matrices and Determinants
- Analytical Geometry Of Two and Three Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and Differential Equations
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
- General English
General Ability Test
- General Knowledge (GK)
- General Science
- History, Freedom Movement, etc.
- Current Events
Downloading NDA 2023 Admit Card
The admit card is the most important document that the candidate has to carry along with himself/herself to the examination center. If the candidates fail to present the admit card to the examination authorities, then the authorities have the right to cancel the examination for the candidate.
The admit card for NDA 2023 is not yet released by the UPSC. We will notify you once the UPSC releases the admit card download. The following are the method to download the admit card for the NDA examination-
- Visit the official website of UPSC admit card download- https://upsconline.nic.in/eadmitcard/
- Now an instruction page will open, read the instructions carefully and click on the Yes button.
- You will be provided with the options “By registration ID” and “By Roll Number”
- You can choose either of the two to find your admit card
- If you forgot your RID then you can also click on the “Forgot RID” button to find your Registration ID
- After you have filled the form with adequate details then you can click on the submit button.
- After clicking on the submit button, your admit card will be displayed and you can download the admit card by clicking on the download button.
- Make sure you take a print of the admit card to carry it to the examination center.
NDA Written Examination Result 2023
The result of the Written examination is not yet released by the UPSC. Once UPSC releases the examination, we will notify you here. You can check your result from the official website of UPSC.
NDA Exam Centres
The exam is supposed to be held at the following centers:
- Port Blair
- Panaji (Goa)
NDA Selection Process
The selection in the NDA will be merit-based and the candidates who score above the cut-off marks will be evaluated further. The candidates are evaluated first based on their knowledge using NDA written examination. The candidates who successfully cleared the written examination will have to participate in an interview session. The candidates who cleared the interview session will be further evaluated based on the medical, physical, and psychological requirements of the defense forces.
The candidates who cleared all three stages of the evaluation process will be selected for NDA i.e. National Defense Academy where the candidates will turn into an officer of the Indian Defense Forces.
UPSC NDA & NA (I) 2021 SSB Interview
The SSB Interview is the next stage that the candidate has to go through to become an officer in the Indian Defense Forces. SSB Interview is an event that is organized over a 4 or 5 days period. It is divided into two stages i.e. stage I and stage II and consists of a total of 900 Marks. Stage-I consists of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) and Picture Perception & Description Test (PP & DT) and stage (II) will consist of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests, and the Conference.
For more details SSB Interview process- SSB Interview 2023, NDA 1 & 2 Exam Date, SSB Registration & Procedure
There are no limitations on how many attempts you can give for the NDA examination, however, the age of the candidate must be between 16.5 to 19.5 years of age. Technically, this time frame only allows 2-3 attempts for an individual.
The science stream is the best stream for pursuing the NDA Examination because most of the questions in the entrance examination have science-based questions which are tough in classes 11 and 12th classes.
There are usually 350-400 vacancies released every year for the candidates to contest. There are 2.5 lakhs students who participate in the entrance examination each year and the recruitment will be commenced in various aspects.
No, the 12th marks are not at all important for the NDA examination, however, having good marks will help you with your interview.
Yes, girls can also participate in the NDA Entrance examination. During a Supreme court verdict, the NDA examination for women was opened.