NEET stands for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test; it is one of India’s most essential and precious exams as it is the selection exam for admission into the best medical colleges of India. This exam is mainly held for the students who have applied for the undergraduate programs. Some of the best colleges under NEET are Maulana Azad Medical College, Armed Forces Medical College, Christ Medical College and Hospital. As of lately, even the best medical college of India, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi, is also allocated through this exam only. In this article, we will talk about this exam concerning postgraduate students.
Important Dates to Remember
In this section, we will list all the important dates regarding the postgraduate exam of NEET in a table so that it can be directly referred to: –
|Information will be available from||1st week of November 2022|
|Online registration starts from||1st week of November 2022|
|Online registration ends on||3rd week of November 2022|
|Admit Card releases on||1st week of January 2023|
|Date Of Examination||1st week of January 2023|
|Results will be declared from||4th week of January 2023|
|The counselling process starts from||1st week of February 2023|
|Application Fees for General or OBC candidates||Rs. 3750|
|Application Fees for SC and ST candidates||Rs. 2750|
NEET PG 2023 Eligibility Criteria
For candidates who wish to apply to the NEET PG 2023 exam, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- A candidate should possess the MBBS degree/Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and an MCI/SMC registration certificate of MBBS qualification and completed a one-year internship (or will complete by 31st March 2023).
- The Foreign Medical Graduate Examination conducted by the National Board of Examination must be cleared by Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who obtained their primary medical qualifications from a medical college outside India. Furthermore, they should have been registered with MCI/ SMC and completed or be on track to achieve their internship by 31st March 2023.
- Candidates with foreign nationalities may sit for the MCI examination without having achieved temporary MCI registration but must do so before starting the course.
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern
Before you begin preparing for your NEET PG 2023 exam, it is crucial to know the exam pattern. The following is the outline of the exam pattern:
- A computer-based exam will be administered
- The exam will take about 3:30 hours to complete
- The questions will be objective
- English is the language of the question paper
- Approximately 300 questions are answered
- The marking scheme is as follows: 4 marks are awarded for each correct answer, and one spot will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Social And Preventive Medicine||25|
|Medicine Dermatology and Venereology||37|
|Surgery, Ent, Orthopaedics& Anaesthesia||46|
|Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy||12|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
NEET 2023 Preparation Strategy
You will find some tips below that will help you prepare for the NEET PG 2023 examination:
- Organize your study materials at one location before beginning your preparation.
- Find out which subjects you are strong and weak in, and then plan a schedule accordingly, giving more time to the more vulnerable issues.
- Focus on the basics and create a solid foundation for your business.
- Ensure that you revise your studied topics regularly.
- Practising Mock Tests and Sample Papers will provide an idea of the test structure. Additionally, practising sample papers will help you evaluate your preparation status.
Books Recommended for NEET 2023
The following is a list of some of the most recommended books that can help candidates research and prepare for NEET PG 2023:
- Anatomy: Rachana Chourasia, Arvind Arora
- Biochemistry: Rebecca James
- Forensic Medicine: Gaurav Aggarwal, Narayan Reddy
- Medicine Dermatology and Venereology: Vivek Jain, Mudit Khanna
- Microbiology: Rachana Chourasia
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology: Sakshi Arora
- Ophthalmology: Ruchi Rai, B Ram Gopal
- Physiology: Soumen Manna
- Pharmacology: Sparsh Gupta, Gobind Rai Garg
- Pathology: Sparsh Gupta
- Paediatrics: Arvind Arora, Taruna Mehra
- Psychiatry: Vivek Jain
- Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy: Vivek Jain, Sumit Seth
- Social And Preventive Medicine: Vivek Jain
- Surgery, ENT, Orthopaedics& Anaesthesia: Apurv Mehra, Pritesh Singh, Ruchi Rai
NEET 2023 Admit Card
Once they have registered for the exam, successful candidates will download their admit cards from the official website. In addition to receiving notifications regarding the release of the admit card, the registered email address and telephone number will be used. On the day of the exam, the candidates must print their admit cards, attach a passport-sized photograph to the admit card, and take it to the testing centre. Besides the admit card, the invitee must also bring a valid identity card.
NEET PG Result 2023
Candidates will be invited to the NEET PG counselling 2023, depending on their rankings in the entrance exam. The original documents, eligibility criteria, self-declarations, etc., will be verified. This will be done by the norms and regulations specified by the respective authorities and medical colleges.
NEET PG 2023 Application Form
- The following information will assist you in filling out the NEET PG 2023 application form:
- From the fourth week of February 2023 onward, I will start accepting online registration/application materials for NEET PG 2023.
- There will be no other way candidates can submit applications than online.
- Filling out the application form involves the following steps – Filling out the online user registration form, generating a user ID/application id and password, uploading the photograph, thumb impression, signature, and documents, selecting the exam city, and paying the application fee.
- When students submit their applications, they need to print out the filled-in application form and the transaction ID printed on it. Be sure to keep it safe as proof in case you need to refer to it again.
- Additionally, there will be a correction window for making changes to the application form in the third week of March 2023. However, candidates must keep in mind that changes will not be permitted for the following details: Candidate’s name, email address, test city, and nationality.