The National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, is one of the leading NIT’s in this country in engineering. Still, as the name suggests in this article, we will talk about the facts concerning the course of PhD in NIT Kurukshetra. The prowess of this institute in the field of Engineering is very well-known and widely appreciated. Still, in the other courses like PhD, this institute is yet to gain its reputation, so we are writing this article.
Important Dates to Remember
In this section, we will list all the important dates regarding the admission in the PhD course in NIT Kurukshetra, so if anyone is interested in applying for this college, they can get the maximum help out of it.
|JEE Main Registration start of April Session||March 2023|
|JEE Main Registration end of April Session||April 2023|
|GATE Registration||February 2023|
|GATE Exam||August 2023|
|MBA Exam||April 2023|
|Chemistry PhD Result||October 2023|
|Mathematics PhD Result||October 2023|
|PhD result of the Computer and IT Fields||October 2023|
|PhD result of the Electronics Fields||October 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for the PhD Admissions
- Researchers with a PhD degree who work full-time for the institute will be considered qualified.
- The researcher can apply for the scholarship through the concerned chairman, director of the DRC. Scholarships will be offered to those in the specific division if they are readily available there.
- Guidelines from the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resources Development) govern which applicants qualify for grants and the grant amount.
- Any applicant awarded a grant/association grant or the equivalent from some alternative source will not be considered eligible for the organization grant.
- As part of the MHRD, support for the doctoral program will be called a Teaching and Research Assistantship. Up-and-coming college students must qualify on the GATE/NET examination.
- To obtain the Research/Teaching Assistantship, the candidate must place a minimum of 8 hours of research or instructing each week.
- If the candidate works in the supporting structure or administration and has completed the degree level certificate in the supporting science specialized foundation or business association before the close of accepting applications, a master’s degree at the Assistant Professor level or comparable in the supporting science certificate foundation or industry.
- If you have worked for NIT for longer or more than one year as an ordinary or contract employee (including undertaking staff), you’ll qualify excellently for the above criteria.
- You may also apply if you are a promising candidate who can fulfil the DRC, which contributes to dedicating time to charitable causes.
- To discuss the examination work at NITK with his manager, the candidate needs to visit the department. Candidates are allowed to visit no fewer than twice per semester. Upon completion of each visit, the chairman of the DRC will be notified for recording eligibility for Institute scholarships.
- A Demand Draft in the amount of Rs. 200/- must be drawn in the name of the Director, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra and payable in Kurukshetra must accompany the application form.
- SBI i-collect provides the facility for making online deposits. The application fee can be deposited in this manner too. The online receipt of your online payment should be attached to the application if you are using this method to submit a fee.
- The duration of time is two years
- Five years are required to become a specialist
- In India, the fee for the course is INR 32,200
- The application can be used offline
- Written test and performance assessment criteria are used for the selection
- Interested candidates must also take an entrance exam and participate in interview and presentation rounds before applying to the PhD programs.
- The DRC (Department Research Committee) will test applicants who meet eligibility requirements via an online test. The selection process depends on the candidate’s performance in the written exam, which determines whether their name is shortlisted for an interview based on the number of vacancies in the department.
- A person who has been working at NIT on a regular and contract basis for three years or more is required to pass the Entrance Test.
- Institute partnerships will be granted to researchers who are qualified through GATE/NET.
- As part of the MHRD, support for the doctoral program will be called a Teaching and Research Assistantship.
- This job will remain available for the next two years to an up-and-coming candidate.
- In any event, if the examination researcher has contributed one paper to a scientific journal before the third year, the grant will be extended to the third year.
- Additionally, the fourth-year examinations require that the researcher has developed in any event two/one research papers individually before the fourth year.
Pattern and Syllabus
- The paper should be written in 60 minutes
- Paper-II should take 120 minutes
- In this paper, Research Methodology will be my main subject, and 100 marks will be allocated.
- The second paper will be about research methods, and it will be worth 100 points.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission Test
- Applicants will be admitted based on their performance in the Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra Reservation Norms’ Research Eligibility Test and Viva-voce.
- 50 Multiple Choice Questions will appear on Paper 1, the examination will last 60 minutes, and the subject-specific paper will have 50 questions
- On Paper-II, 120 minutes of examination will be allotted to Subject-Specific questions that will have 100 marks for descriptive types of questions.
- Visit the official website for information on how to download the admit card.
- In 15 days before the exam date, candidates will be able to pick up their admit cards.
- You can download the admit card with the secret key.
- Besides the name, the call number, exam day, date, and time, admit cards will have other crucial information.
- You must take your license to the exam venue since this is the most crucial document you should bring.
The Government of India has established this institute, and they manage it. December is the month in which the institute will be attributed the Institute of National Importance (INI) status. Those looking forward to completing their higher education and doing research in their area of interest can apply for the PhD course taught by the college. Depending on their preferences, students can choose the whole time, part-time, or off-campus study.