The Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education administers the Rajasthan Teacher Eligibility Test (RTET) or Rajasthan Eligibility Examination for Teachers (REET) (BSER). The RTET/REET exam is held at the state level to recruit teachers at two levels: Level I, or Primary Teacher, and Level II, or Upper Primary Teacher. REET will be held for 32,000 positions, according to numerous media outlets. Those who pass REET will be eligible to teach in grades 1 through 5 and grades 6 through 8.
Highlights of REET Exam 2023
|Exam Name of REET 2023||Rajasthan Teacher Eligibility Test (RTET)|
|Conducting Body||Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan (BSER)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year or as per vacancy|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Purpose of REET Exam 2023||Checking eligibility of the candidates for primary and upper primary levels|
Exam Dates of REET 2023
Check the important dates of RTET 2023 exam below:
|REET Events 2023||REET Dates 2023|
|RTET 2023 Exam Notification||Jan-2023|
|REET 2023 Exam Application||June-2023|
|REET 2023 Application Form Last Date||July-2023|
|Admit Card Download of REET Exam 2023||April-2023|
|REET Exam Date 2023||Sep-2023|
|REET Result 2023||To be updated|
REET Eligibility Criteria
Only those who meet the qualifications for the positions should apply. Read on for more information on eligibility:
Applicants with suitable educational qualifications from any age group can apply for the REET or RTET exam, which has no age limit.
Educational Qualification of REET 2023:
|Primary Teacher||Senior Secondary or equivalent with at least 50% marks, as well as appearing or passing the final year of a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education/or the final year of a four-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)/appearing in the final year of a two-year Diploma in Education (Special Education) Graduation plus appearing or passing the last year of a two-year Elementary Education Diploma|
|Upper Primary Teacher||Graduation with at least a 50% grade point average and passing or enrolling in a one-year B.Ed. programme (Special Education). Alternatively, graduation and passing or appearing in the final year of a 2-year Elementary Education Diploma Or, Graduation with at least a 50% grade point average and passing or enrolling in a one-year bachelor’s degree programme in education (B.Ed) Or, Graduation with at least 45 percent marks and passing or enrolling in a one-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) programme, as defined by the NCTE. Or, Passed or appearing in the last year of a 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)/appearing in the final year of a 4-year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.|
Exam Pattern Highlights OF RTET 2023
|Parameters||RTET Paper-I (Level I)||RTET Paper-II (Level II)|
|Duration of exam||(150 minutes)||2.5 hours (150 minutes)|
|Number of subjects||5||4|
|Names of subjects||Child Development and Pedagogy Language-I (Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Gujarati, Urdu, Sindhi, Punjabi) Language-II (Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Gujarati, Urdu, Sindhi, Punjab) Mathematics Environmental Studies||Child Development and Pedagogy Language-I (Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Gujarati, Urdu, Sindhi, Punjabi) Language-II (Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Gujarati, Urdu, Sindhi, Punjabi) Science and Mathematics Or Social Science|
|Type of questions||Objective or Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs)||Objective or Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Difficulty level of questions in exam||Class 12 level||Class 12 level|
|Marking scheme||+1 for correct answer||+1 for correct answer|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking for wrong answers||No negative marking for wrong answers|
Exam Pattern Of REET 2023
The following is the REET or RTET exam pattern for level I and level II:
Paper I, Child Psychology and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics, and Environmental Studies, has five sections.
The paper will be at the 12th grade level.
Applicants must finish the paper in 150 minutes, or two hours and thirty minutes.
To understand the RTET exam format for paper I, look at the chart below.
|RTET Subjects||Number of questions||Marks|
|Child development & Pedagogy||30||30|
Upper Primary Level REET 2023 (Level-II) Exam Structure
Paper I will include four sections: Child Psychology and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Science & Mathematics OR Social Science
The paper will be at the 12th or Graduate level.
Applicants must finish the paper in 150 minutes, or two hours and thirty minutes.
For a better understanding of the RTET exam format for paper II, see the table below.
|RTET Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language – 1 (Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Gujarati, Urdu, Sindhi, Punjabi)||30||30|
|Language – 2 (Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Gujarati, Urdu, Sindhi, Punjabi)||30||30|
|Science & Mathematics Or, Social Science Or, Either Science & Mathematics or Social Science (for teachers in other categories apart from Mathematics, Science and Social Science)||60||60|
- RTET 2023 last minute preparation tips: Section-wise Preparation Tips
- To do well on the upcoming RTET exam, consider the following suggestions:
- Child Development and Pedagogy
• A solid comprehension of the entire course is essential for success in the RTET Child Development and Pedagogy part. Applicants must not overlook any topic in the curriculum and must give equal weight to all sections and themes.
• Try to answer as many questions from the section on Child Development and Pedagogy as possible. Applicants can use practise sample exams that are available both online and offline to prepare for the exam. Also, practise books with past year’s question papers are available.
Language I and II
• The language component of the RTET exam is relatively simple. For RTET language I and language II, applicants must select two languages from the list below: Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Gujarati, Urdu, Sindhi, Punjabi
• To do well in this area, you must read fundamental textbooks. Learn all grammatical rules and vocabulary because these are a few key areas where many inquiries are posed.
• Do a lot of comprehension exercises and practise reading newspapers in your chosen language to improve your comprehension skills. Practice questions from past years’ exams as well.
• Applicants should be familiar with the entire Mathematics/Science/Social Science syllabus. These are challenging topics, and many candidates struggle with them.
• Applicants should learn the fundamentals of mathematics first, beginning with understanding the fundamental notion. Make a list of the formulae and attributes associated with each one. It’s unlikely that you’ll be able to memorise all of the formulae at once, so concentrate on the principles and applications.
•Read the texts in Science and Social Science and continue to practise from past years’ question papers. Practice sample test papers as well as scientific papers from previous TET exams.
• The EVS question will only appear in RTET paper I. To answer questions in this area, applicants must read a basic text book; nonetheless, this section is quite easy, and one can score very well with minimal effort.
General Tips and Tricks to crack the RTET 2023 Exam
• Go through all of the previous year’s exam papers. Analyze where you stand in terms of preparation
• Continue to revise the topics till the exam; don’t be overconfident
• Monitor your progress by practising mock test series and previous year’s question papers
• Don’t skip any topics; attempt to finish the entire curriculum.
• Review what you’ve learned in preparation for the exam.
• In the exam, try to answer questions correctly. Because there is no negative marking in the RTET exam, applicants should answer all questions.
• Don’t spend too much time on one subject; instead, divide your time according to the level of the exam’s sections.
Marking Scheme of REET/RTET 2023
In RTET, marking is done according to a set of rules. Applicants must use the following table to calculate their grades:
|REET/RTET 2023 Marking Parameters||Paper-I||Paper-II|
Because there is no negative marking in the RTET 2023 exam for wrong responses, applicants should attempt as many questions as possible.
Minimum Qualifying Marks for REET 2023
The minimal qualifying marks for REET 2023 are currently being revised. The Rajasthan government recently decided to lower the minimum qualifying points for the RTET or REEt exam for the forthcoming session. The official announcement on the adjustments in REET minimum qualifying marks may be found in the image below.
Selection Procedure of RTET 2023
To pass the RTET, an applicant must go through the following stages of the selection process:
RTET Application Form: Applicants must first complete an online RTET application form on the BSER’s official website. Applicants must pay the RTET 2023 application fee online after completing the online application and giving all required information.
RTET Admit Card: Applicants can download their RTET admit card from BSER’s official website one week before the examination. The admit card contains all pertinent information about the exam, such as the date, time, and location of the test centre.
RTET or REET test: The REET exam is held at the state level for the recruitment of primary (Level I) and upper primary (Level II) teachers (Level II). Teachers for grades 1–5 are recruited at Level I, whereas teachers for grades 6–8 are recruited at Level II.
The RTET 2023 result is announced shortly after the assessment process is completed. All qualified applicants will receive RTET 2023 passing certificates, and they will be able to apply for teaching positions in Rajasthan schools in the order of merit.
For all applicants who took the Level I and Level II RTET exams, the results will be revealed. Applicants must use their respective login credentials to access the BSER’s official website to view their RTET results. Applicants who score at least 60% (general candidates) in the RTET are qualified to work as teachers in Rajasthan’s public schools. Applicants are given a REET eligibility certificate after passing the qualifying examination, which is valid for three years. Read the article to find out everything you need to know about the RTET results.
How to check RTET or REET Result 2023?
The BSER publishes the RTET 2023 results online. To check their results, applicants must go to the RTET’s 2023 official website. To check your RTET 2023 result after it has been declared, follow the instructions below:
• Go to rajeduboard.rajasthan.edu.in, the REET’s official website.
• Applicants will locate RTET result links on the website’s home page; click on “Result 2023 Level 1” or “Result 2023 Level 2.”
• After you click the link, you’ll be taken to a login page. To login, enter your login details, such as your roll number and date of birth. Select ‘submit’ from the drop-down menu.
• On the screen, the RTET 2023 result will be presented.