Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) is a national-level examination for candidates aspiring for admission in MBA /PGDM programs. The test is conducted annually by Symbiosis International University(Deemed). Qualified candidates will be eligible to apply for admissions in 16 SNAP colleges affiliated with SIU. Candidates have evaluated on basis of their knowledge in topics of General English, Quantitative-Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency, Analytical & Logical Reasoning. The SNAP exam is one of the most popular management aptitude tests, attended by over 50000 students. The article gives deep insights into the timeline, the process for applying for SNAP 2024.
Important dates to remember
The initial notifications are released from July 2024, with the registrations opening by May. The exam is to be completed by December 2024, and the result declaration will be completed by January 2023. The results will be evaluated using ranking systems, and there will be a cut-off mark to select eligible students.
|Notification release||July 2024|
|Application form arrives||2nd week of August 2024|
|Last day for submission||3rd week of November 2024|
|Last date for fee submission||3rd week of November 2024|
|Admit card release||1st week of December 2024|
|SNAP Exam||2nd week of December 2024|
|Result declaration||2nd week of January 2025|
Eligibility criteria for SNAP 2024
The eligibility criteria for appearing for the SNAP exam are prescribed by Symbiosis International University. The criteria are listed below:
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a university recognised by SIU, with at least 50% marks in aggregate. For candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD categories, there is a relaxation of 5% marks.
- Applicants currently in their final year of the Bachelor’s programme may also apply for the SNAP exam, but their admission will remain provisional till the completion of the course, and the subsequent submission of the certificate.
- Candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree from an International university or foreign institution can apply for the exam, provided they obtain a certificate of equivalence from the Association of Indian Universities(AIU).
The application form for the exam will be released by August 2024 by Symbiosis International University. Applicants have to complete their registration by filling in their personal, communication, and educational details and by uploading required documents for verification by the university. Once, the registration process is complete, the applicant can move on to the payment page. There are no provisions for editing your application after the final submission.
- The cost of the application fee is Rs 1750/- if paid via online mode. However, you can make payment via Demand Draft which includes all the taxes and the amount will be Rs 2065/-. The DD should be made in favour of the “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
- The payment process is followed by the submission of details. The mode of payment is online. Applicants can use credit/debit cards or net banking for fee payment. The applicant can also send a Demand Draft including all taxes to the “Symbiosis Test Secretariat”.
- The application fee amounts to Rs. 1750/-. The total amount for the DD will be Rs. 2065/-.
The exam is conducted online. The exam pattern of SNAP was revised in 2020. This resulted in the reduction of the number of questions from 110 to 60. Also, the special questions and the differential marking concepts were removed. The total duration of the exam is 1 hour. Each correct answer is rewarded with 1 mark and for each incorrect answer, .25 Marks will be deducted from the total. The medium for the question paper is English.
There are three sections to the question paper:
- General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
The detailed breakdown of each topic is given below:
|Topics||Total no. of questions||Total marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||15||15|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||20||20|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||25||25|
|Total = 60||Total = 60|
SNAP Mock Test
Symbiosis International (Deemed) University also conducts a mock test to help students prepare for the original exam. The mock test can be accessed and can be used by participants preparing to appear for the SNAP exam. There are incentives for candidates who perform well in the test.
Booking SNAP mock test
- Applicants can visit the official website and login using their credentials.
- The mock test window will be displayed.
- Participants can begin the exam.
Important points regarding SNAP mock tests.
- The SNAP mock test follows the same pattern as that of the original exam.
- The SNAP mock exam is purely for practice purposes, and will not be considered for admission.
- The mock test is aimed to provide a first-hand experience of the official exam for the applicants.
- The SNAP mock test scores can be used for self-evaluation and improvement.
- The top 3 scorers of the mock test will each get a Flipkart voucher of Rs. 5000/-.
- The top 10 scorers of the mock test will each get a Flipkart voucher of Rs. 500/-
The admit card is released by December 2024 on their official website. The candidates can check their status by logging in to the website once in a while. Once the admit card is published on the website, candidates can download and take a printout of the same. Admit cards are mandatory for appearing in the examination along with identification proof like Aadhar, PAN card, Voter ID, etc.
Follow the steps to download the admit card.
- Visit the official website.
- Login with your id and password
- Once released, the admit card will be available for download
- Take a printout and keep it safe for further use.
The result of the exams is to be published by January 2024. The university will then conduct some more tests, counseling/interview processes for the qualifying candidates. The tests include the Writing Ability Test, Group exercise, and Personal Interview.
SNAP Exam Centres