SOFT CET is a university-level exam for enrolling female applicants to the School of Fashion Technology (SOFT), Pune’s numerous UG, PG, and Diploma design programmes. The institute is a well-known design school that receives technical support from NIFT. SOFT CET 2023 will be held tentatively in the month of May 2023. (Online test, Studio Test, and Personal Interview).
Highlights of SOFT CET 2023
Interested applicants should review the highlights of SOFT CET 2023, which are listed below:
|Body Conducting SOFT CET 2023||School of Fashion Technology|
|Exam Levelof SOFT CET 2023||University|
|Exam Mode of SOFT CET 2023||Online|
|Stages of exam in SOFT CET 2023||3 – Online Test, Studio Test/ Group Discussion and Personal Interview|
|Application Mode in SOFT CET 2023||Online|
|Courses offered in SOFT CET 2023||B.Des, Diploma Course in Fashion Design, PG Course in FBDT and FBM|
Important Dates of SOFT CET 2023
SOFT CET 2023 important dates are given below:
|Commencement of online Application of SOFT CET 2023||November 2022|
|Last date for submitting Application form of SOFT CET 2023||April 2023|
|Issue of Admit Card of SOFT CET 2023||May 2023|
|Date of examination of SOFT CET 2023||May, 2023 (Date to be chosen by the student at the time of registration)|
|Declaration of result of SOFT CET 2023||May, 2023|
|Last date of Admission process of SOFT CET 2023||June, 2023|
Eligibility of SOFT CET 2023
The School of Fashion Technology will establish the eligibility criteria for SOFT CET 2023. Before applying for the exam, applicants must ensure that they meet the qualifying conditions.
The following are the requirements for various courses:
• Applicants must have completed or be preparing for a class 12 test in any of the following subjects: Arts, Commerce, Science, Home Science, or a Minimum Competency Vocational Course (MCVC), such as the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
• Applicants with a full-time diploma from the Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE) or the State Government Technical Education (SGTE) after class 10 are also eligible for SOFT CET 2023.
• NRIs and overseas students who hold an equivalent certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) in New Delhi are eligible to apply.
Fashion Design Diploma
• Students who have passed the class 12 exam in any stream, including the National Institute of Open Schooling, are eligible to apply for this programme (NIOS).
• To be eligible for admission, an aspirant must be a graduate of any stream (10+2+3 or equivalent).
Application Form of SOFT CET 2023
The application form for the SOFT CET 2023 is planned to be accessible online in November 2023. The deadline to apply for SOFT CET 2023 is April 2023. Applicants can only apply for SOFT CET 2023 online, which will be available on the institute’s official website.
By submitting two or more application forms, candidates can apply for more than one course. Applicants can apply at any time and date that is convenient for them. Applicants can apply for the position through the internet by following the easy steps outlined below:
Step 1: Registration of SOFT CET 2023
• To register for SOFT CET 2023, applicants must enter a few basic facts such as their name, date of birth, email address, mobile phone number, last school attended, test centre, and so on, and then click the Submit button.
• Students must then upload a scanned image of their most recent passport-sized photograph, following the instructions on the page.
• The file must be saved in.jpeg format. Before clicking on ‘Final Submit,’ click on the Preview Tab to view and verify the full application form.
Step 2: Payment of Fees of SOFT CET 2023
• Applicants must next pay the required fees, which can be done online, and save the transaction receipt as proof of payment.
Step 3: Confirmation of Application
• Once the transaction is complete, candidates must print their entire application form.
• This page will be required for subsequent admission rounds. Applicants will be given a Username and Password to use for logging into the exam after completing the registration process and paying the fees. After registering, applicants will be given 20 practise questions to complete.
Application Fees of SOFT CET 2023
Only after the required fees have been paid will the application procedure be considered complete. Fees can only be paid via the internet. The application cost for B.Design is INR 3000 and for M.Design is INR 4000. (For Industry Integrated Program with International Exposure).
Applicants who apply online must pay the application fee using a credit/debit card or a computer-generated bank challan. They must fill in the required bank and payment information before submitting the challan to the bank.
Admit Card of SOFT CET 2023
Applicants who successfully registered for the exam before the last day of registration, April 2023, will be granted a SOFT CET 2023 Admit Card. The admission card will be available on the SOFT, Pune official website, as the institute does not provide hardcopies of the admit card by mail.
The SOFT CET 2023 hall ticket should be carefully kept because it must be shown at the time of admission and signed by the exam invigilator. It comprises information about the individual, such as his or her name and roll number, as well as the date of the SOFT CET 2023 and other information. It is a crucial exam document, and no student will be permitted to enter the exam room without it. To get your SOFT CET 2023 Admit Card, follow these steps:
Apply Right Now Exam Syllabus In Pdf For Download Exam Cutoff Download
• Go to SOFT’s official website to get started.
•Go to the login page for the student. In the space provided, type your login, password, and security code. Select ‘Login’ from the drop-down menu.
• The admit card will be displayed. Make a soft copy of the document and print it.
• Participants must attach a current passport-size photo to their admit card and bring a government-issued photo ID to the exam centre for verification (college ID card, PAN card, driver’s licence, etc.
Exam center of SOFT CET 2023
SOFT CET 2023 will be held on the Pune University campus. As it would only be held at one location, aspirants will not be able to select their favourite exam location.
Exam Pattern for SOFT CET 2023
The SOFT CET 2023 exam is divided into three sections: online testing, group discussion/studio testing, and a personal interview. Applicants should be aware that all three levels of the entrance exam are required. Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal/ Nonverbal Reasoning, Analytical Ability, and Creative Ability are the four areas of the online test. There are 15 questions in each section.
Each question will be followed by four possible answers, from which the participant will select the one that appears to be the most appropriate. The following is the marking scheme:
Each accurate answer will receive a +1 point.
If no response is indicated on the optical answer sheet against a question, no marks will be deducted.
In the designing test, negative marking will not be used.
|Mode of SOFT CET 2023||Online and Offline|
|Number of questions in SOFT CET 2023||60|
|Stages of exam in SOFT CET 2023||3|
|Maximum marks in SOFT CET 2023||250 (Online Test- 60 marks, Studio Test/ Group Discussion- 140 marks and Personal Interview- 50 marks)|
|SOFT CET 2023 Medium of language||English|
Exam Pattern Highlights of SOFT CET 2023
|Date of Exam of SOFT CET 2023||May, 2023 (tentative)|
|SOFT CET 2023 Conducting Body||School of Fashion Technology|
|Mode of Exam of SOFT CET 2023||Online|
|Paper Type of SOFT CET 2023||Objective|
|Medium of SOFT CET 2023 Exam||English|
|Duration of SOFT CET 2023 Exam||150 minutes|
Exam Pattern of SOFT CET 2023
SOFT CET 2023 will be conducted entirely online (Computer Based Test). Applicants will be allowed 150 minutes to complete the exam. No applicant will be given additional time to finish their exam.
1. There will be a maximum of 60 points.
2.Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal/Nonverbal Reasoning, Analytical Ability, and Creative Ability are the four areas of the online test.
3. There will be 60 Multiple Choice Questions in the exam.
4. For each accurate answer, the candidate will receive one mark.
5. There will be no penalty for incorrect answers.
Applicants must review the SOFT CET 2023 Exam Pattern before participating in any level of the exam.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
Marking Scheme of SOFT CET 2023
A total of 60 marks will be available on the SOFT CET 2023 exam paper. For each correct response, the applicant will receive one mark, while each incorrect answer will result in no deduction from his score. The Studio Test/Group Discussion will be worth 140 points, while the Personal Interview will be worth 50.
|Studio Test/Group Discussion||140|
Syllabus of SOFT CET 2023
The college will not have a pre-determined SOFT CET 2023 syllabus. However, we have gathered some themes from each area, based on past year exams and mock tests, that candidates should prepare before appearing in SOFT CET 2023.
The SOFT CET 2023 Syllabus includes the following four subjects:
|Percentages and its applications|
|Ratio and its Aapplications|
|Numbers and its applications|
|Geometry and its applications|
|Mathematical Operations||Inserting the Missing Character|
|Verification of True Statement||Statement Assumptions|
|Assertion & Reason||Theme Detection|
|Sequence Puzzles||Logical Sequence of Words|
|Direction Sense Test||Logical Venn Diagram|
|Series Completion||Construction of Squares & Triangles|
|Arithmetic Reasoning||Rule Detection|
|Cause & Effect Reasoning||Mirror Images & Water Images|
|Figure Formation & Analysis||Paper Folding Cubes & Dice|
|Completing Incomplete Pattern|
|Clocks and Calendars|
This section’s questions assess applicants’ abilities to generate fresh designs and graphics.
Exam Day Instructions for SOFT CET 2023
Applicants should follow the following instructions for the SOFT CET Exam: –
No applicant will be permitted to appear at an examination centre other than the one specified on his or her Admit Card, and no applicant will be permitted to enter the examination center/hall without having presented his or her Admit Card.
After the invigilator has verified the candidate’s SOFT CET 2023 Admit Card, he must sign the attendance sheet in front of the invigilator and provide the hall ticket number.
In the examination room, students must follow the invigilators’ directions.
At the examination centre, applicants should avoid arguing with invigilators or other staff members who are involved in the examination process.
• Applicants should not chat to each other or discuss any subject throughout the examination; they should also not disturb other candidates in the room and keep perfect silence during the examination.
• Applicants will not be allowed to bring any electronic devices or study materials inside the examination venue, such as calculators (Mobile, Bluetooth, Pager, watch, test series, books, model papers, etc.)
• SOFT 2023, Pune’s decision shall be final in all issues.
Books to be referred for SOFT CET 2023
For the specific courses, the exam pattern will be identical to other state and national level exams. The exam will include questions that assess the candidate’s creativity and design abilities. The exam level will be based on a qualifying exam for class 12th (10+2) or similar. For the exam, the college will not provide a specific syllabus. The following are some SOFT CET 2023 reference books.
|Name of the book||Author Name|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||A.K Gupta|
|General Mathematic||Manohar Pandey|
|Objective General English||R.S Aggarwal|
|Objective Mathematics||R.D Sharma|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K Pandey|
Result of SOFT CET 2023
SOFT CET 2023 Results will be announced on the institute’s official website in May 2023 (tentative). The scorecard will be used to announce the outcome. Applicants must visit their registered accounts to download their results.
This can be accomplished by following these simple steps:
• Go to the SOFT 2023 , Pune official website.
• Go to the ‘SOFT CET 2023 Result’ link and click it.
• Applicants must provide their username and password, which they were given at registration. Select ‘Submit’ from the drop-down menu.
• The outcome will be shown in the form of a rank card. It can be downloaded and printed for use in the admissions process.
After the results are announced, SOFT 2023 , Pune will post a merit list of applicants who passed the exam on their website. Applicants must email a scanned copy of their class 12 result or a screen shot of it to [email protected], along with a cc to [email protected]
The students’ candidature will be invalid until the 12th Mark list is filed, and their names will not appear on the merit list. The names of applicants will be listed in order of merit, based on their SOFT CET 2023 rankings.
NOTE: Within four days of receiving the results, candidates must write an e-mail to [email protected] with a cc to [email protected] freezing their spot for admission. Failure to do so may result in the loss of a seat, which will be given to waitlisted applicants.
Courses Offered and Seat offered in SOFT CET 2023
SOFT CET 2023 is a website that allows students to apply for admission to various undergraduate, graduate, and diploma programmes. The following are the courses available on its campus:a
|Level||Course Name||Seats||Affiliation/Technical Support|
|Undergraduate Programs||B.Des Fashion Design||120||Affiliated To S.N.D.T. Women’s University, Mumbai|
|B.Des Fashion Communication||30|
|B.Des Textile Design||30|
|Diploma Program in Fashion Design||30||Industry integrated|
|Postgraduate Programs||Fashion Brand Design & Technology||30|
|PG Program in Fashion Buying & Merchandising||30|