Tamil Nadu organizes admission for the candidates seeking admission into the B.Ed course. The candidates who want to pursue their career as a teacher are required to have a degree in B.Ed. It is conducted by the Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University which is a state-level university. In this article, we will discuss Tamil Nadu B.Ed 2023 Admission, Application Form, Exam Date, Pattern, Eligibility, Admit Card, Result, etc.
Tamil Nadu B.Ed Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria for Tamil Nadu B.Ed Admission-
- The candidates are required to have graduated from a recognized university with at least 50% marks (5-10% relaxation will be provided to the candidates belonging to the reserved category)
Subject Choice for B.Ed specialization
The following are the choice of subjects provided to the candidates-
- Physical Science (Chemistry)
- Biological Science (Zoology)
- Computer Science
- Home Science
- Biological Science (Botany)
- Physical Science (Physics)
- Indian Culture
- Political Science
- Tamil / Urdu
Tamil Nadu B.Ed Important Dates 2023
|Last Date to apply for B.Ed.||August 2022|
|Entrance Exam & Interview Date for B.Ed.||August 2022|
Tamil Nadu B.Ed Application Form 2023
The following are the step by step instructions on how to apply for the Tamil Nadu B.Ed Admission-
- Visit the official website of Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University and click on the admission button
- Now, choose the B.Ed course followed by clicking on the apply button
- Now, get yourself registered using your email ID and password
- After successful registration, log into your account using your login credential
- Now, an application form will appear which you’ll have to fill with correct details like name, address, education qualification, etc.
- Now, upload the documents mentioned below and click on the play button
- You can make payments using your credit/debit card, UPI, Net Banking, etc.
- After successful payment, make sure to take a printout of the application form and payment receipt for the future use
Documents Required for Tamil Nadu B.Ed
The following are the documents required for the Tamil Nadu B.Ed Admission-
- Class 10th and 12 passing certificate/mark sheet
- Graduation certificate/mark sheet
- Candidates’ Identity ID-Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, etc.
- Character certificate
- Scanned photograph
- Scanned signature and left-hand thumb impression
Tamil Nadu B.Ed Application Fee
The following are the applications ee for Tamil Nadu B.Ed-
|Category Candidates||Application Fee|
Tamil Nadu B.Ed Selection Process
The selection process for Tamil Nadu B.Ed is fully based on the merit of the candidates. A merit list will be prepared based on the latest qualifying examination of the candidates who have applied for the course. The admission will be provided to the candidates based on merit in multiple counseling rounds.
Tamil Nadu B.Ed Reservation Criteria
The following are the reservation criteria for the Tamil Nadu B.Ed admission-
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Castes Arunthatthiyars (SCA)||3%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1%|
|Most Backward Class (MBC) &DenotifiedCommunites (DNC)||20%|
|Backward Class (BC)||26.5%|
|Backward Classes Muslims (BCM)||3.5%|
|Open Competition (OC)||31%|
Tamil Nadu B.Ed Counselling 2023
Counseling is an event where the finalized candidates whose names appeared in any of the merit lists will be offered admission into the university. The candidates are required to submit the documents mentioned below to confirm his/her seat at the university.
Documents Required for Tamil Nadu B.Ed Counselling
The following are the documents required for counseling-
- Tamil Nadu B.Ed Counseling Call Letter
- Tamil Nadu B.Ed Result Scorecard 2023
- Tamil Nadu B.Ed Admit Card 2023
- Original mark sheet & certificate of class 10th / 12th
- Age proof certificate
- School leaving / Transfer Certificate from Institution in which you had studied last.
- Caste Certificate (in case of candidates of reserved category)
- Domicile certificate and Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate from a responsible person / Headmaster of School.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness (if required)