Utkal University is one of the premier institutes in the country. Situated in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, the University is graded “A+” by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). It is also recognized by the University Grants Commissions (UGC). The admission to programs under Utkal University is different for each program. There is a university entrance exam based on the relevant discipline for most disciplines, and the candidates are selected based on merit. For courses like M.Pharm and MBA, candidates can also apply via valid state-level and national level examinations mentioned in the article. The article contains in-depth information about the courses offered, important dates, eligibility criteria, etc., for admission to Utkal University.
PG Courses offered in Utkal University
● MBA (Financial Management)
● Five years Integrated MBA
● Information Technology
● Tech in Computer Science
● Computer Science
● Computer Science and Engineering
● Environmental Science
● MA (Women’s Studies)
● Public Administration
● Ancient History of India
● Master of Journalism and Mass Communication (MJMC)
● Personnel management & Industrial Relations
● Culture And Archaeology
● Library and Information Science
● MSc in Applied Microbiology
Important Dates to Remember
The important dates for applying for various programs under Utkal university is different. For the PG programs, the registration is to be conducted online from April 2023. The entrance exam for the same will be in May 2023. For M.Phil and Ph.D. programmes, candidates can register from June 2023 with the exam on July 2023. The result is to be published by September.
|Commencement of Registration||April 2023|
|Exam date (PG programs)||May 2023|
|Exam date (MPhil/Ph.D.)||July 2023|
|Commencement of Registration (MBA)||September 2023|
|Exam date (MBA)||September 2023|
Utkal University Admission Process 2023
The entrance to Utkal University is based on different tests for each program. The admission process generally begins in April except for the MBA program, beginning by September.
Admissions to the BPharm and MPharm programs are based on the candidates’ performance in the Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE). Admissions to the MBA program will be based on either the CAT/MAT score or the entrance test conducted by the University. Candidates applying to MPhil/Ph.D. programs are selected based on their UGC NET/JRF/ university entrance test. Admissions to all other programs under Utkal University is based on the candidates’ performance in the entrance test.
● For candidates applying to the MA programs including Anthropology, English, Mathematics, Political Science, Public Administration, the candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject from a recognized university with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
● For MSC programs (Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Geography/ Mathematics/ Physics), candidates should either have a BSC or BSc (Hons.) degree in the relevant subject from a recognized university with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
● For MBA programs (General, Rural Management), candidates can either apply through a valid CAT/MAT/ university entrance exam and have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university/institution with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
● Candidates applying for MTech programs in CSE and IT should have a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant topic from a recognized university/institution.
● For admission in MCA programs, candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate. They must have Mathematics/Statistics as one of the main subjects in their Class 12th or any equivalent qualifying exam.
● For admission in the MCom course, candidates need to clear the University entrance examination and have a Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent degree from a recognized university/institution.
● Candidates applying for the LLM program candidates have to clear the university entrance exam and should hold an LLB/ Five year integrated LLB degree from a recognized institution/ university with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
● For candidates applying to M.Lib.I.Sc program, candidates must have a B.Lib.I.Sc/B.El.Ed from a recognized institution or University.
Candidates can apply for the programs (except MBA) from March 2023. Candidates can visit the University’s official website once the registration starts to start filling your application form. Candidates have to fill in the required details, including personal, contact, and educational information, in the required columns. After rechecking all entered information, click on submit to move on to the next phase of the application.
Candidates are also supposed to upload scanned copies of required documents in the mentioned format and dimensions for verification purposes. The documents needed for applying include:
● Marksheet and certificate for Class 10 and 12
● Marksheet and certificate of graduation degree (if applicable)
● Marksheet and certificate of postgraduation degree (if applicable)
● Migration certificate
● Character certificate
● PwD certificate (if applicable)
● Caste certificate (if applicable)
● Sports certificate (if applicable)
● Fee receipt of the application
● Passport-sized photograph
For all university entrance examinations, candidates will be issued an admit card a few days before the exam. The admit card is an important document, and candidates should verify all the details in the admit card. The admit card contains important information such as the personal details of the candidate, the date and time of examination, the exam center, etc. It is mandatory to bring the admit card to the exam center on the examination day, along with valid identity proof. Valid id proof includes:
● Aadhar Card
● PAN card
● Driver’s License
● Voter ID
Available Seats under various programs in Utkal University 2023
|Analytical and Applied Economics||88|
|MA (Women Studies)||30|