Utkal University offers candidates admission to the candidates pursuing a teaching career. A teaching career requires the candidates to have a B.Ed. or M.Ed. degree and Utkal university offers candidates admission into the university by clearing the entrance examination into these courses. In this article, we will discuss Utkal University B.Ed. M.Ed. admission 2023 form, exam date, eligibility, pattern, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Utkal University B.Ed. M.Ed. 2023
The following are the eligibility criteria for Utkal university-
- The candidates pursuing B.Ed. course are required to have a graduation degree from a recognized university in the field which you want to pursue for teaching
- The candidates pursuing M.Ed. course are required to have B.Ed. degree from a recognized university in relevant field
Utkal University B.Ed. M.Ed. 2023 Important Dates
|Release of notification for the exams||August 2023|
|Commencement of Registrations||September 2023|
|Last date for applying for the exam||September 2023|
|Release of the admit card||September 2023|
|Entrance Exam||October 2023|
|Release of the merit list||November 2023|
Utkal University B.Ed. M.Ed. Application Form
The following are the steps to fill out the application form for Utkal University B.Ed. M.Ed.-
- Visit the official website of Utkal University and click on the Admission tab
- Now, navigate to the course you want to pursue and click on the link
- After clicking on the link, you’ll have to get yourself registered using your email id and password
- After registration is complete, login to your account using your login credential
- After logging in, fill the application form with correct details like name, address, education qualification, etc.
- Now, you’ll have to upload the documents mentioned below
- After uploading the documents, you’ll have to pay the application fee using your credit/debit card, UPI, Net banking, etc.
- Make sure to take a printout of the application form and payment receipt for the future use
Documents Required for Utkal University B.Ed. M.Ed.
The following are the documents required for Utkal University B.Ed. M.Ed.-
- Class 10th and 12th marksheet/ Passing certificate
- Scanned photograph
- Scanned signature
- Identity certificate- Aadhaar card, PAN Card, etc.
- Graduation degree/marksheet
Utkal University B.Ed. M.Ed. Application Fee
The application fee associated with the Utkal University B.Ed. M.Ed. is Rs.600/- which can be paid online using your credit card/debit card, UPI, Net banking, etc.
Utkal University B.Ed. M.Ed. Examination Pattern
The following are the examination pattern for Utkal University B.Ed. M.Ed.-
|Subject Area||Marks 18||No. of Items|
|Basics of Education||18|
|Understanding the learner & learning process||18||18|
|Curriculum and curriculum transaction||18||18|
|Contemporary issues in school Education||18||18|
|Assessing the learner Planning and management of the school||18||18|
Utkal University B.Ed. M.Ed. Syllabus
The following is the syllabus for the Utkal University B.Ed. M.Ed admission-
Basics of Education
- Understanding Education: Education as a process, Aims of Education, Ideas of Educational thinkers (Gandhi, Tagore, Dewey, Rousseau)
- Education in socio cultural context of India: Role of education in social control & social charge. Education as an instrument for promoting national integration, Education for Democracy & Education for Globalization.
- Education for National Development: Education and national development, Education as an investment for Human Resource and Economic development.
- Education Policy imperatives
Understanding the learner & learning process
- Understanding the child & Adolescent: Developmental tasks and role of teacher
- Understanding differences between learners: Areas of differences, factors affecting differences. Understanding differently-abled learners.
- Methods of studying learner behaviour- Test, Observation, Case study
- Understanding learning process: – Relevance and applicability of theoretical, Perspectives of learning – Skinner, Piaget, Vygotsky.
- Understanding higher mental processes of learning: Intelligence -Measurement of Intelligence, Creativity: Characteristics & process, Role of teacher in promoting creativity.
- Organizing learning – Paradigms for organizing learning, modes of learning, Organizing learning in heterogeneous classrooms.
Curriculum and curriculum transaction
- Curriculum: Concept, types, bases of curriculum, principles & process of curriculum development
- Understanding teaching: Major shift in teacher education
- Teaching as a profession, professional ethics & accountability of teacher
- Phases of teaching: Pre-active, interactive & post-active phase, teacher activities in different phases
Contemporary issues in school Education
- Equality & Equity in Education: Nature & forms of inequalities, inclusive education, provision for addressing inequalities – SSA, RTE Act, RMSA.
- Quality in Education: Strategies for enhancement of quality in School Education, Functions of NCERT, NCTE, NUEPA, for quality improvement. Role of teacher for quality education.
- Education for conservation of Environment: Protection and conservation of environment. Strategies for sensitizing learners towards protection of environment and its conservation.
Assessing the learner, Planning and management of school
- Learning Assessment: CCE, Assessment of learning, Assessment for learning, Assessment as learning – its tool & techniques
- Test construction: Characteristics of a good test.
- Statistics: Measures of variability, Correlation, Standard scores – Z score, T-score, percentile.
- School Development plan & management, management of material, financial and human resources.
- Monitoring and Action Research: Mechanism of monitoring, conducting, reporting action research & follow up.
- Classroom Management: Components of class room environment and its management, types of learning resources in the class room and their management
Utkal University B.Ed. M.Ed. Admit Card 2023
The admit card for Utal University B.Ed. M.Ed. admission is not yet released, we will update the admit card status once the examination authorities release the admit card.
Utkal University B.Ed. M.Ed. Result 2023
The result for Utal University B.Ed. M.Ed. admission is not yet released, we will update the result once the examination authorities release the result.
Utkal University counselling
Counseling is an event in which the candidates who have cleared the examination successfully have to participate. In this event, the candidates will be submitting their documents for verification and block his/her seat.
Documents Required for Counselling Session
The following are the documents required for counseling session-
- Downloaded Intimation Letter
- Placement Letter
- CLC, in original
- Conduct Certificate, in original
- All Certificates and Marksheets in Original
- Equivalency Certificate in case of any Degree obtained from University outside Odisha
- Certificate of Headmaster of the school to the effect that he / she has passed
- HSC in Odia medium (in the cases who have passed from Board of Secondary Education, Odisha without Odia as MIL)
- Residential Certificate issued by Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar
- Caste Certificate in case of SC, ST and SEBC candidates, by virtue of birth
- PH Certificate in case of PH candidates
- Two recent stamp size colour photographs